CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ron Woods installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron Woods installation

Does Ron Woods do installation?

Old 10-15-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

No, But I do! Tell me what your looking to do and maybe I can help you out.

Old 10-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the offer I'll keep it in mind. How did the Dumont trip workout?

Old 10-16-2002, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

It worked out ok, it was a lot of fun. The new mods worked perfectly. I have a pretty good working knowledge of the DS engine now that is why I am offering. I was a General Motors mechanic for 10 yrs before I got in this business so I have quite a bit of Four stroke knowledge. Anybody in the local are if you don't want to install your mods I would be happy to do it for you at half the rate of your dealership, and I qurantee my work.

Old 10-17-2002, 01:34 AM
Trailblazer

Hey thanks once again for the offer, I haven't had the unpleasant opportunity of taking the Bomb to the shop for anything yet, I guess the only one in town is Robertson Honda. I Had my first inspection at Alba down in Poway. At that time, I had them install steel Brake lines, steel rotor guard, and clear radiator hoses, and forget about these clear waco radiator hoses, unless your strickly a sand rider. Their way to thin and just waiting to be puntured by the first yucca or joshua tree thorn and their damn expensive. Going back to stock. Iv'e installed a steel skid plate and a cooler rack, the rack makes it easier to pull the *** end around when stuck. What other future mods do you want to do? Are you ok with no valve and cam work with the cdi, and you just trained yourself to keep an eye on the tac and a careful ear to keep from over reving, or is it no big deal. A cdi is my next upgrade and possibly 15 tooth sprocket. Did you have to extend your chain? I have some two stroke knowlegde and just about zero four stroke.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2002, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

I have done pretty much everything to my quad short of boring it out and head work. Definatley go with the 15 tooth sprocket and the cdi first. Pipe and jetting next. You don't have change the chain unless you go to a 15/43 combo.

Old 10-17-2002, 03:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ABB,

You mentioned being 'in the business,' do you own a local shop that deals with the ATV industry? I like the ATV industry, however I work with PCs all day long then I come home and play on mine, just waiting for the weekends when I can get some time on my DS. Starting (hopefully) now, I'm going to try and get out riding at least once every other week so if your looking for an extra rider let me know and maybe I'll be available. (I often do one day trips to the local areas so that I'm sure to get more trips in.)

Old 10-18-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I just have my own little shade tree garage that's all. But I have become pretty proficient with the 650 engine. There are a couple of special tools yet I need to buy but it isn't a big thing. I go riding quite a bit up at Gorman and Red Rocks, more gorman thoigh I can't ever get anyone to make the trip out to red rocks. I would like to go to Red Rocks again because you have more room out there to haul butt and also jump and climb than you do at Gorman. I am thinking about making a trip out there for a weekend real soon so if your interested let me know, I will swing by and pick you up some time and we can go up and camp out over a Saturday night.

Old 10-18-2002, 02:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ABB,

That sounds good do you have any information about Red Rocks? I'm not familiar with any local spots by that name however I have heard up to six different names for any one given place. Is that up near Ridgecrest of Mojave?

Old 10-18-2002, 02:05 AM
Trailblazer

I'd like to do a red rock trip. Will bring own food, water, and whatever. Just Don't have anything to camp in. If you don't mind sharing your hauler. Can truck my own if room is a problem.

Quick Reply: Ron Woods installation