CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Do you guys get complaints about throwing rocks/mud on other riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do you guys get complaints about throwing rocks/mud on other riders

I didn't make many friends last weekend when we went on a 40 mile trail ride through the KY mountains. There was about 20 quads and only 2 of us had sport quads. It was very muddy and anyone who was behind me pretty much got mud at one point or another. Its not like I was trying but the DS throws a pretty good roost and doing the kind of riding that I and the other guy with the sport bike like to do, its bound to happen. I try to stay back when the guy in front of me has the potential to throw mud or rocks and I expect them to try and stay back too. The other guy I ride with went out and got a chest protector because of a spraying with some rocks that I did. One time my father in law said i hit him with a rock that weighed about a pound or so. He was fighting mad. I told him if I knew he was back there that I would've given it more gas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I guess it just comes with the territory.

Old 10-18-2002, 01:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting hit with a roost is never the fualt of the thrower, unless it happens in the parking lot! Those are the only guys I hate, the ones that show up, look around, and think "You know, there's 3,000 acres of prime riding to be had here, so let me kick up all the dust and rocks in this parking lot and throw it all over this guy's nice extended cab Z-71 unloading the DS".
Happiness is always a good roost on the trail!

Old 10-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was at LS one day at their was kid(probably 18,0r 19) and he was riding a YZ250, I don't know what was done to it ,but he was fast. Anyway, we were all in-line drag racing,and as soon as this guy would pull ahead he would drift over in my lane and ROOST the crap out of me. Well the first couple of times I playerd it off as accidents(because bike are alittle hard to handle in sand). But then after he did it a fourth time, and as we were going back to the line he cut in from of me agian and roosted me!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Well I chased him down,and he finally stopped were his buddy's were, so I pull right next to him(standing on my peggs leaning over) and I tell him that I don't appreciate getting sand in my face. He gives me this "smerk" and starts to say something cute, in-front of his buddy's........... I snapped.......... I took my had and grabed his face-gaurd on his helmet and shook him like a ragg doll, and repeated what I said earlier and probably added a few things. This time he was REAL cooprative and was ALL ears!!!

I really felt bad later for having to do that but , I think next time he won't be roosting complete strangers!!LOL!!.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Range Rover

I get the same thing on trail rides all the time. Nobody likes to be behind me. We (the sport bike guys I ride with) tend to ride on the more aggressive side and whoever is behind me gets it bad, not intentionally of course but it does happen. I run Sur-Traks in the back which makes it worse, I've been told of softbal sizes rocks floating in the trail at about shin height and last week my buddy was a little too close going into a muddy section and had to stop and take his goggles off because of the size of the mud splat that hit him.

Old 10-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

isn't that why we built our engines to be faster so we don't have to follow. i've been told that my ds throws all kinds of stuff. bigger don't feel bad there are a lot of people that try that crap of drifting over , and it is very uncool, my son is 9 and will race anybody on his blaster, and seldom does he win but he is out trying and when they do that to him, just makes me mad. until i get on the ds and return the favor. just a poor thing
takes some of the fun away.

Old 10-18-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Biggerisbetter remind me to slow down when i'm aroud you.....

Old 10-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMFAO!!!

Actually that is totally out of character for me(the last place I go to fight is the dunes), but he would not stop!!!

Sometimes you have to DEMAND respect.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-19-2002, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

In the sand i was drag racing my DS and one of my riding friends on a raptor lined up and he knows i smoke his *** everytime and my Front end tends to wander with the 19x6x10 holeshot fronts (stupid idea) and get a little sideways...and it roosts him bad...and every week he says "Man, stay in your lane" and i reply "I was never in your lane, my roost was though"....didnt do it on purpose just an accident....damn raptors...

Old 10-19-2002, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

You should have came with us to Badlands Rocky and this wouldn't have happened. Man did I crash though. Eraptoid, Cornbread, adn Hightower got me back to riding quick though. Them boys are my pit guys LOL. You will have to go riding with us again Rocky.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

i knwo wat ya mean, the one day i was out wit my buddy (he rides a 99 suz ltf250,TANK!) n i was playin in a lil mud hole then pulled out into a laneway n i really got on it not know he was behind me, lots of gravel flew at him, that sure gets ur attention wen gravel hits steel, he wasn't 2 happy since he did some painting the day b4