CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Questions for SAMCOEDS???

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for SAMCOEDS???

what is ho4 oil

Old 10-30-2002, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

I may go to ls sunday morning if the weather is warm.

Old 10-30-2002, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

No demon i had the yamaha rod i was being a smart *** im just sick of dealing with nothing but low grade builders in the ds market at this point .im considering selling out and going to a model that has good backing i have two of nicest setups with stock engines both with timmyboy or tbr arms and swing arms coustom suspensions ims tanks and the best of everthing for sale!!! one will be on alky never ran though!!!

Old 10-31-2002, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for everyones replies!

Tony- yes, I installed the kit from Gary and thought it ran great! money well spent in my book and I'd recommend him to anybody.
Here's where my problem came from.
About July this year I noticed that one of the boots on my carbs had a rip in it about a 1/4" long and I was horrified. I don't know how long it was like that but apparently long enough to do the damage. It was my fault, I had tried to port it out to match my 39's and had weakened the wall to the point that it fatigued and ripped. So after my lousy showing at Sand Mountain NE. I checked the compression ( with the decompresor disabled) and was only getting 145psi. That explains the excessive blow by I've been getting, I did a wet test and my pressure came up to 220psi. I pulled the jug and found a groove about 1/8" wide and about 1 1/2" long running vertical and the nikasil is gone!
So I need to renikasil and replace the rings, which is gonna run about 3 bills, I dislike spending $ with out getting more HP so If I'm gonna renikasil I might as well bore the thing out.
The samco thing has been in the back of my mind for about 3 mos and I've talked with Matt and Sam extensively about the kit. To me the price is right - IF it is well made and designed. Samcon doesn't do much of the work at all, they outsource the cylinder work and the crank work- there really isn't too much involved in the kit if they did the math right to get the crank properly positioned with the new piston. I don't know if Azsands piston hit his valves and then broke at the wrist pin or what - I'd love to see some pics of the damage and try to determine what caused what to fail- the rappy stock rod is not up to the task in my opinion and was the reason why I didn't buy the kit from Jeff at Sand mountain.
I think I'll give samco a shot at my motor WITH the Carillo Rod. If I see any clearance problems I'll be sure to post my findings so that all my be edified.
I really wish trinity or Tvi or woods would come out with a stroker kit but Samco is the only US company that is trying, that I know of, so they will get my business for now. I really don't want to send my motor to Germany for a 2-bit crank install.
How's your bike running?

SamcoDS
- thanks for your feed back - sounds like you have a screamer, I'll be getting the 103mm bore with the 5mm stroke so I should have the 733 here in about 2 weeks. I am a bit reluctant to wait on the 830 for 2 reasons:
1. Sam told me he would not reccomend reving the thing above 8k, no can do for me.
2. The 105mm sleeved jug has been a real pain in the butt to seal. I'd love to see them come out with a bullet proof seal but I'm not holding my breath.
Are you running the Carillo Rod? I am already running the pami springs and they are great - even under NOS, you shouldn't have a problem.

Azsand- sorry again for the hit you took- it does suck to be a guinea pig! I will be layering my piston with playdoe and hand cranking it to verify adequate clearance befor I fire it up.
good luck to you.
later
ride safe everybody!

Old 10-31-2002, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply Curtis. You know you don't have to do this play dough thing with the cylinder, LOL. Just get a inside dial caliper and measure the round out and taper. Then mic the outside of the piston. You should be as close to dead on accurate with those measurements. If you send all your stuff to Samcoe I am sure he will bore the cylinder and match it with the piston for you. That should be part of there service. Also that leaves them responsible for any clearance problems. My quad runs awesome man! Thanks for asking. It is a whole new animal now, and the $800.00 bones I spent was well worth it. Good luck on the kit and let me know how it turns out.

Old 10-31-2002, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Angry,
I'm more concerned about piston to valve clearance- Webcams and all and possibly even quench area clearance. Do tell how you playdoe your cylinder[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2002, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SAMCOEDS
SAM ALSO DID THE HEAD AND CAMS BUT HE SAID THAT THE 720 WOULD NOT NEED ANYMORE CFM THAN THE TM45 IT WORKS GREAT
Switching from the 45 to the dual 39's had made a big difference for me!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2002, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Well guys i ordered the corillo rod today for my ds, so i guess ill be tearing the whole thing down again!! Its a real bummer to have to do this but id rather do it than blow it up and have a pile of rubble!!! I ordered it from samcoe for the 733 kit. By the way it is a corillo rod for the 660
raptor. I also asked matt if anyone has had trouble with their rod comming apart and he told me about azsands rod breaking. At least he didnt say no their all running great! The price was only $179.00 I wish i would have known before hand! Well to cold and too much snow here to ride right now anyway!

Old 10-31-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

quadloco your a a$$!lol 180 bucks for a corillo rod? i gota give samecoe credit on some of their prices cuz i paid 250.00 for the same rod from trinity.

Old 11-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

VEGAS650 are you running gas or alki.

Quick Reply: Questions for SAMCOEDS???