CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Questions for SAMCOEDS???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for SAMCOEDS???

Samcoe,
I am thinking about the 733 kit from samco and am wondering how long you have had your kit- did you do the work yourself? How hard do you work the engine?
Do you race with it and are you running the carillo rod or the stock rod?
Matt tells me they have only sold a few, and with Azsands blowing up I a little concerned with longevity-
any input would be appreciated.
thanks

Old 10-30-2002, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Stay away from that kit Curtis! Any idiots that try and use a Yamaha rod in a European motor aren't to be trusted. Just hold out a little while longer I am pretty sure Gary is going to be a Pami dealer pretty soon if not he seems to be working on his own big bore kit and he seems to be a pretty sraight shooter to me. From what he tells me he is probably going to get out of the Business and dedicate his resoursces to Bombardier modifications and call it something like DS Works or something like that. I would hold out a little longer if I were you. Didn't you just put that piston and cams in from Gary a little while ago? He told me he sold you a kit and you may have had a little install trouble with it.

Old 10-30-2002, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider

Well I am not Curtis but I do know his problem wasnt from the instal. It was from getting sand in the motor and it wore a groove in the lining. Someone really needs to get a stronger intake for those dual carbs made. Personaly i think with the carillo rods and making sure everything has the proper tolerances everything would be fine. There is no way in hell I would get the rappy rod though.

Old 10-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

well in all my arrogance i thouht i have the best mechanics. And i will to spend what it takes to make this kit work and was desparate to have a big bore so i tried it. Any one who gose beyond the point of common sense deserves what i Got. And there is someone on the board building another samcoe he's too far to pull away so i belive he will try the carillo rod. But i think there lying about having the rod s Dose any one who knows me or jeff think were going to say oh give me the cheaper one for now!!yea right!and yes the kit as we had it did make a awseome amount of power it took me well in to the 4's 0n the pro tree for two days and you may have sucess for awhile but one must remember how much do i want to throw away on my ds today????

Old 10-30-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

I HAVE HAD MY KIT RUNNING FOR 4 MONTHS HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL OTHER THAN HOLDEN ON TO THE DAMN THING it has ran great for me i am also running alki so that helps alot my kit was made 13.5 comp for the alki and noooooooo i have had no rod problem at all i had a antifreeze leak around the cly the first time around had to tear back down and weld but sence then nothing at all but burning alot of alki i am going with the new 830 at the end of november as soon as sam gets his own worked out he is going to start on mine and yes i did the work myself thanks.

Old 10-30-2002, 08:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well there you go it sounds as though you run a little carb and a smaller head and smaller exhaust this kit should work for you thats where i messed up two carbs massive flow head and dual exhaust made it to where i was loading too much in the cycl.@ one time ???????

Old 10-30-2002, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

SAM ALSO DID THE HEAD AND CAMS BUT HE SAID THAT THE 720 WOULD NOT NEED ANYMORE CFM THAN THE TM45 IT WORKS GREAT

Old 10-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

THE only problem i have had so far is the clutch it has fried 2 new clutches on the squeez so far i am trying a new 9 disc barnette and pami springs this weekend i will let you know the outcome monday.

Old 10-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

AZsand, are you saying then that you think the rod in your kit was indeed a Carillo rod and not the Yamaha rod?

Old 10-30-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

where are you going this weekend samcoeds? i would like to see that run.

Quick Reply: Questions for SAMCOEDS???