CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trinity pipe arrives tomorrow? NOT !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinty pipe arrives tomorrow? NOT !!!!!!

Ok, here is the outcome. I installed the Trinity pipe. The head pipes went on fine. I measured the depth of the head pipe to mid pipe, so that I would know when the two were fully together. I added 2000 deg silicone seal to mid and head pipe connection. The mounting tab on the mid-pipe ends up about 5/8" away from the frame mounting hole. And I am sure the Mid and Head pipes are all the way together. Since no instructions of any kind came with the pipe, I added a spacer in that gap. At this point, the Mid pipe is rock hard in place and does not rub or touch anywhere. I added silicone seal to the connection of the Tail pipe, put in the four screws and tightened them. Now I tried to position the Bullet tail pipe mount bracket to line up with the existing grab bar mounting holes. The muffler/tail pipe mounting bracket does not line up with either of the frame bolts in the rear. It is about a 1/2" to low for the rear bolt. So I had to drill through the grab bar and frame for a new bolt hole. Done! Since the Trinity pipe does not come as a spark arrester pipe, I added a spark arrester screen in the end cap of the Tail pipe. This was easy and worked out great. I got though the spark arrester check point at Hollister hills, Ca OHV park no problem. Ok, with a 190 main(Mikuni) and the needle at the bottom position, air box cover off, K&N w/ prefilter, HOLD ON ! This pipe works great! My Baja runs great in all conditions. No pops, hesitation, nothing! It just blasts off in any condition. I was blowing past every other brand of Quad on the track. And I am not just blowing steam. I have been riding off road for 33 years, had 17 different rides and this bolt on pipe really works great! This pipe is also quieter than most of the other pipes on thumper bikes I saw this weekend. Noise is a big deal for all of us. I am not sure if it will pass the 96db sound limit that goes in effect Jan 1, 2003 But I will say, the spark arrester screen I added did calm it down some.
All said and done, Thank you Trinity for a great pipe!
P.S. All you riders thinking of getting a Trinty but are concerned about delivery? Ok, Harry and Jo, it is time to get the Parts and Shipping dialed in. Tell your employees it is them who will make or break this companies reputation! The pipe speaks for itself![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity pipe arrives tomorrow? NOT !!!!!!

Yea, Blackhawk, I've seen it!