CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Kawi 700 hmmmmm

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002 | 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

I think they did the same thing with the z400. Someone was telling me that it will beat the raptor and when it came out everyone of those lies about how fast it is were put down. I think the same thing will happen with the 700......

Old 11-17-2002 | 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

Yes, I agree with everyone. I do give Kawasaki for atleats getting involved in the sport market rather than just sitting around with their thumb up their rear. I just don't think they put much thought into it when they designed it to be a High Level Rec/ Race quad. I mean the shaft drive eliminates all thoughts of adjusted swingarms. The automatic while it may do good for some, I still like the thought of knwowing I'm in control of what gear I'm in going into a turn and knowing that all the control is my hands and not the tranny's. I do hope the 700 succeeds, but you won't find me w1th one.

Old 11-17-2002 | 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

I say...BRAVO Kawasaki, BRAVO! And welcome back to the sport market. Clearly the KFX700 isn't for everyone, but I'll bet those who buy it will be very happy with their new ride. Plus, what's next from Big Green???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2002 | 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

Originally posted by: Bom2000
I think they did the same thing with the z400. Someone was telling me that it will beat the raptor and when it came out everyone of those lies about how fast it is were put down. I think the same thing will happen with the 700......

Dirtwheels took a Prairie 650 & put a custom exhaust on it, unhooked the front driveshaft, took off the racks and put some different tires on it and said they were beating stock Raptors in the sand with it. Now take that machine, lose 100 lbs, add 50cc's, put on a higher-revving CDI and explain to me how that machine will lose to anything that's not modified. When good exhaust systems and CVT tuning parts like springs, weights, roller clutches etc. start coming out for it, look out.

Old 11-18-2002 | 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

What? A modified 650 against a stock 660? Of course it could win. You apparently haven't seen the results of mild bolt-ons with a Raptor. The Raptor has about the most restrictive stock exaust on the market, and just piping it can get mega results when accompanied with the right air flow mods to the equally restrictive air box design. Add to that high revving, and the already lack of the 100 lbs you mentioned, and keep looking out!

I think the 650 and 700 kawi's equal HP potential with the DS and Raptor, but they're built for different purposes. ANybody who has spent the time to learn what a clutch is all about can contest that the elliment of fun cannot be rivaled by any auto, nobody what the rpm its clutch engages at. The ability to variably control your own rev is priceless - every corner takes a differnet technique, every hill crest a different feathering. True hardcore riding FOR ME is all about having total control over eveything that is going on - independant front and rear brakes (not one lever for all), manual clutch, manual shift, throttle, million things all at once with seconds to decide what to do next, instantaneous reaction - that's what I'm talking about....

Old 11-18-2002 | 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

[quote]
Originally posted by: Hightower
What? A modified 650 against a stock 660? Of course it could win. You apparently haven't seen the results of mild bolt-ons with a Raptor. [quote]

Modified? A bolt-on exhaust on a 600lb. 4WD utility quad against a 415lb. 660 sport quad and you say of course it would win.

Old 11-18-2002 | 06:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

Sorry, I thought you said other stuff was done to it too, like weight shaved, drivetrain altered. And I said Could, not Would, and I mean no disrespect, just having fun conversation.
What I am saying is that a stock raptor only cranks out 38hp, but is easily capable of mid 40's with just a pipe, which is where the piped prairie should also be, so sure I can see it beating a stock raptor with only 38, especially when the shift lag is elliminated by an auto tranny. But put a pipe on the raptor and its back in front, because of the weight issue. I say this because I've seen both scenarios.
As for the 700, I'm very curious and can't wait to see its results. I never dogged it, and won't, it has its place. It definitely should be a fast drag bike, if its not then something went wrong in the engineering dept.

Old 11-18-2002 | 11:17 AM
Range Rover
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

personally, I'm looking forward to finding out what the 700 can do. I don't think the automatic will hurt it much. Considering what can be done when someone goes "all-out" modifying a Scrambler, the Kawi's tranny can't be much different when given the same attention. While I'm not going to run out and buy one, I like seeing companies try new things, instead of "me too" designs. Love it or hate it, you've got to give them credit for trying something different. Think about it, doesn't our DS's fall in the same category. It's too "different" to ever be a huge volume seller, but those of us whom it fits, love it .

Old 11-18-2002 | 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

I think you'll find the the auto in the 700, will work great for racing.

I was against the auto to, which we use for ATV pulling. We found in racing other manual shifted bikes that we pulled a bike lenght every time the comp shifted. Hit the nos and hang on!

Old 11-18-2002 | 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi 700 hmmmmm

I am happy that someone else has put some new competition out for us. I think I would get bored if everyone that I raced I beat. Part of the fun of owning a ATV is working on it, making it faster, and then beating someone.

P.S. I do like winning though

Quick Reply: Kawi 700 hmmmmm