CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

American Star Upper A-Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Star Upper A-Arms?

so i wouldn't regret buying these?

Old 11-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have my pair that I bought from that auction by tomorrow. If everything goes right I should be able to install and give them a quick ride. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 11-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

if you could that would b great since thers like a lil less than 3 days left

Old 11-29-2002, 02:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm on the edge about buying them as well. I'm REALLY strongly considering it. If a ride review of these units (from this vendor) was good then there would be no question. I'm going to go out on a very short trip to the desert and when I get back Saturday I'll make my decision then, hopefully Rockey will have installed & tested his set by then.

Old 11-29-2002, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer

I have the full race set i love them just impact the @@@@ out of the nylocks.... I had one side fall after a race (i'm glad it wasn't during) but i solved that problem red loctite on the allens and impact the nylocks but they are not too tough to adjust, if you by them on ebay chances are they might not come with adjustment instructions. HINT: go to the store and buy 4 non-nylock nuts the same size and pitch as the nylocks they send, it wwill help when you adjust them (you don;t have to wreck the nylocks) AND if you do get them of of ebay are they going to come with the new spindle bolts so you can you the heim end?

Old 11-29-2002, 03:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was reading the feedback of the eBayer selling these items and noticed that one person referred to him as Kip. As I recall, Kip is the name of the guy that owns American Star Racing, and what was Lone Star Racing. If that is correct, and this is Kip, then you're in effect buying factory direct, which seems like it might be a good thing.

Old 11-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Well.I was hoping they would be intoday since they were supposed to be shipped out last Friday. Unfortunately they haven't arrived, and my guess is they wont be here till Monday. That bites since i work 12 hour days next week and will have trouble finding a chance to install and test them.

Old 12-05-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Rockey, did you get your A-arms yet? I'm waiting on mine also![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2002, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

To be honest I am not happy with the fact that I was told that they shipped out on Friday the 22nd, when in fact they didn't ship until December 2nd!. That means I wont have them til early next week. This is a slow time of year for riding for me so I'm not in a big hurry to get them, but its no excuse for the lie. As long as the product is what has been promised then I will be satisfied, but I won't know for a few more days.

Old 12-05-2002, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

just received mine, took 8 days but was UPS issues. they were packed very nicely and look great. can't wait to get them installed.

p.s. i don't know how everyones elses dealings went with Kip, but he provided first rate service to me.

Quick Reply: American Star Upper A-Arms?