CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dial A Jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dial A Jet

Sorry I have to just clear something up. Would a smaller jet size make me run leaner or richer. I always thought that a smaller jet size would make me run leaner but I am not sure. Thanks in advance..

Old 11-23-2002, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

You will have to jet leaner then use the Dial-A-Jet, but it will allow you then to jet up the equivalent of 5 sizes with out ever opening up the carb. It is compatible with Alcohol. As for the 45 email them and ask, I can't see why it wouldn't be, because it is not a carb specific part. And you can get many adapters to make it fit other carbs.

Old 11-23-2002, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

Biggerisbetter,

Yes you can use the Dial-A-Jet with alcohol.

Also with the Dial-A-Jet, a person can get a "remote float bowl" and have an extra little "something" if they wanted to play with alcohol or maybe nitro. If used like this, the bike has to be "jetted spot on" with the regular fuel. Then with the extra float bowl and supply line, you would add a power adder which would mix in the carb instead of the fuel tank. This way you only use the power adder when it is needed and not all of the time. Also, when you add power adders to fuel tank, you run the risk of them sepperating in the fuel. With the Dial-A-Jet, It mixes within the carb and is the same all of the time.

I am not suggesting everyone run out and put nitro to there DS's. If the bike is not built for it, (heavy duty rods and what not) then don't do it. Use the product just for what it was originally designed for, altitude and extream temp changes. Also, give Dial-A-jet a call and talk to them. They have the answeres, not Rocky Mountain. Rocky Mountain only sells the system.

Dial-A-Jet # is 320-597-2700

James

Old 11-23-2002, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

has anyone ever ran a dial-a-jet with dual carbs? what the deal with the snorkel kit,will you still beable to run a filter on carb set-up.

Old 11-23-2002, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

Dune Devil,

Thanks for the Info, I like the way you think![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 04-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

ok, has anyone used one yet, and if so do you like it, i did a search for dail a jet and this is the only thread it found, i thought we talked about this product more than on one page, but oh well, just whatting some more info on the dail a jet form someone that has used it
thanks

Old 04-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

I have a dail-a-jet on my KFX 700

This amounts to an "induction" nozzle in the air horn of each carb ...
between the air filter and the carb.

I drilled slip fit kind of holes in the bottom of the air box for the two
fuel lines and the two snorkle tubes.

There is room for the air filter to fit back in with out any modification.

The snorkle tubes are nesseccary to allow the air to be introduced from
out side the negitive pressure that is in the air box.

The recommendation is to leave the main jets a size or two on the lean side ....
then use the induction nozzles settings to add the extra fuel to corrrect the
mixture.

For what it is worth ... I am impressed with the ones on my KFX [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

dial-a-jet

PS ... single carb set up ...about $60 ... dual carb set up about $120

Old 04-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

my father got one for his raptor and i wanted to see how it worked before i bought one , and i'm glade i did. it sucks to install, it looks messy, and theres too much maintenance. given this was a raptor but right now it's sitting in the bottom of the tool box. over 100$ wasted, and they would not take it back. he could not dial his in, and if he could I could still rejet the carbs on mine just as fast!

Old 04-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

I use my dial a jets as DuneDevil had described. I use them to add Nitro and gas mixed from a sperate tank. The Nitro is a gas additive from Klotz, it's not nitrious oxide, but it does contain an oxigent additive.

This system has been used on snowmobiles that race for a while now.

Use at your own risk!

Old 04-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dial A Jet

i just installed one a couple of months ago on my ds. at first, on a 40deg day my jetting was perfect by going down to sizes on the main. but to weeks ago it got up to 60deg and i changed the dial to the next leaner setting, then i was back firing through the carb. so i went back to the original setting, same thing. i tried cleaning the snorkel, same results. its at the dealer now getting the valves adjusted to see if that helps. it did work incredible at first but when it got warmer out wtf!

Quick Reply: Dial A Jet