CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier wants our feedback on the DS650!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2000, 08:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received my DS650 owner survey from Bombardier. Now's our chance to offically voice our opinions on the DS650, both positive and negative. Hopefully it won't fall on deaf ears and will improve the DS650. One thing that I have been keeping in the back of my mind, is if the DS650 has significant improvements/enhancements for the 2001 model this fall, will the resale value of the first production DS650s drop like a rock? Hopefully, any enhancements will be compatible with the first production run DS650s so that we can keep our DS650s current and not lose their value.

Old 04-04-2000, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

If they do make significant changes to correct the old problems, will we have any way of pressuring them into a recall on these problems.
(carb hickup and rear axle nut etc...)

Old 04-04-2000, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

My suggestions for future models: (most won't happen )
Lighter Aluminum? Frame
Aluminum Swing Arm
Hydrolic Clutch (at least fix the wierd shifting)
Sixth Gear
New Color option
Externally adjustable Jets.

Old 04-08-2000, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

I have had a conversation with someone within Bombardier. That person who I can't name mentioned this very forum. Bombardier is reading what we are saying. I have said many times in postings that Bombardier is very concerned about the happiness of their customers and so far have impressed me with their speed in resolving problems. I also blame most of the problems I have heard about so far on the dealers. If these dealers were current on reading their service bulletins most of these problems would not have occured. I can say from a customers prospective since I own a DS I am very pleased with my ownership experience. Now if I could just say the same thing about my RWR stage 1 kit.

Old 04-08-2000, 11:48 PM
rnl
Trailblazer

Ok you guys at Bombardier reading this now? Make the ds lighter!! This is the drawback of the machine that is keeping people away the most. An aluminum frame and swingarm maybe? Also a little more power so it can stomp banshees instead of just beating them!! lol. Do I own a ds? No I don't. Will I trade my 250r in on a new ds? Nope.If the ds loses about 30-40 pounds and gains a little more hp, its bye-bye honda, hello ds! But it truly appears to be a great machine, just hope it gets updated every year instead of the same ole new graphics.( aka yamaha)

Old 04-09-2000, 11:44 AM
Range Rover

Well Bombardier must have changed then, because I couldn't get ANY satisfaction from them on a lawsuit on a sled I bought from them. Well actually it was the dealer I sued. But bombardier was also listed in the lawsuit. I had MAJOR problems with a 98 Mach Z I tried like hell trying to contact bombardier, e-mails, letters, phone calls. They never even attempted to contact me, that is ****-poor customer service. I ended up settling out of court with the dealer. Any ways I was pissed about no customer servicefrom them before, but I think they have changed now.

Old 04-10-2000, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey rnl: If the DS had an aluminum frame chances are that it could not handle the stress and the jumping capabilities of the quad. The frame was one of the selling points for me. It was so hefty that I didn't have to worry about snaping the frame. Other 350X owners know what I am talking about. I think that Bombardier, in spite of the few problems, did a briliant job putting this bike together. I could never get rid of mine. Unless the 2001 version had some nice updates

Old 04-10-2000, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

badlt500r: I have almost figured out the 45mm carb. The kit rocks, but is shipped with the pilot too rich, jet needle too rich, and main jet too small. See my posts in the RW stage one thread.

Old 04-10-2000, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I broke my 350X frame rigth next to the rear shock resevoir. Otherwise, it's still a great bike. I had it welded up and it has been good to go since then. I am probably going to sell it and buy my dads since it only has about 30 hours on it (the paint on the exhaust is still there, even after several trips to the coast). When I bought my 350X, the plastic was a little beat up, the exhaust rusted and the brakes were frozen up. It's in worse shape since it hasn't been ridden in four years due to a back injury. Now that I have my bomber, I probably won't ride it much, since the Bomber is much smoother.

Laters,
CRT_Leech