CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Problem with Air/Fuel Mixture Screw...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Air/Fuel Mixture Screw...

OK, well as some of you know I just put new exhaust/filter on my bike. Ok so yesterday I have the popping problem through the carb, so I put in the 190 jet today. It works much better but I did get the "pop" again today. So I went to adjust my air/fuel mixture screw, and the thing is stuck!! To top it off, it was all mangled up and you couldn't even get a screwdriver into it. So I took it my dealer(now former dealer) and asked them to fix it. I figured since I've never touched the carb before now, that it had to happen while in their hands, they thought different, in a few words they basically called me a liar straight to my face. The screw is screwed in as far as it can go, and the 'mechanic' was yelling to the owner over the two-way radio that its my fault, he didn't touch it, bla bla bla....on and on. I was told because the bike was bought almost a year ago, they can't do anything for me, I have to cover expenses, because it obviously was my fault, you know, since I've NEVER touched it!?!?!??!$#?%^#$%?^ Just wondering what your opinions on this are?? What should be done?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]