CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Air/Fuel Mixture screw....and...LOCTITE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/Fuel Mixture screw....and...LOCTITE!!!!

Yes thats right, an Air/Fuel Mixture screw with loctite. What do you guys think about that?? Is it a good thing. I'm thinking of trying it. Any pros and/or cons?? Sounds like a good idea to me. After all, why would you want the thing to move??

OK, before any jumps on me for being crazy......here's the story............
After jetting my bike, I went to adjust the air/fuel mixture screw, and well, it was stuck, it wouldn't move. Not too mention it was a little mangled. SO, I tried and tried to get it out, no luck. I took it to my dealer, they ended up drilling it out. It was in fact, LOCTITE'D in there. Why in the world would it be like that? To top it off, the screw is on back order from Mikuni, and so is the tap needed to make the threads for the screw to go in. So I am stuck without a bike till they decided to start shipping out parts(maybe even making parts??)It is also my fault it is this way,. since I waited for almost a year to look at my carb, but thats besides the point. Sorry for the rant, just thought it was odd.

Old 12-03-2002, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/Fuel Mixture screw....and...LOCTITE!!!!

Why wait for parts, get a new carburetor instead [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] There are some stock DS carbs out there for sale as well, I saw one sell on eBay for like $60. I guess it dependins on how long you feel like waiting. Mark Nark has a stock DS carboretor listed on his 'garage sale' page.