CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!

Don, put up a list of the parts you have for sale and let the money go to Randy.You said you have some that you can't return, or anyother parts you have lets see it, maybe KING will even buy some[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer

Don,
I can understand that the problem you are having is hard to deal with but let's try and make things right. I will help you as much as I can. If you would email me (elledge@kcweb.net) I will send you my phone number. my offer is if you are afraid to talk to the people with missing motors (I understand, I would be),i will contact them myself and be the go-between. I need honest answers and I will never get out of line or lose my temper. I just would like to help these guys and you get this solved. Let me know where the motors are and what condition the are in. and I will contact the owners for you and let them decide what they want to do with there motors and then let you know.
It sounds like Dunedevil knows where his motors are, he must have talked to Germany. All he wants is his motors back in what ever shape they are in.
So lets get this started so you and they can put an end to this problem . Thanks for reading and thinking about my offer. David

Old 12-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well I can see where this got out of control. Man I cant even figure it out. From what I can see, Ron's situation is the most messed up thing I have seen.
from what I can figure out by reading through the lines is that Don has the missing motors in his posesion. If I remember correctly Pami had only 2 motors, one of them being Waynes, and another unknowns. Wayne paid enough to get both motors released, or atleast his, so there is possibly one motor left at Pami. So it is obvious where the missing motors are. The reason I see that Don has not, at the very least, returned the motors is that he doesnt have the money that they put down on them to refund, nor the money to turn around to get the parts needed to build the motors as they were orderd. I think, Don, you should return the motors to the rightful owner and forget about having them completed. make a solid agreement with the owners on the exact amounts of refunds that is owed and maybe try to reach a payment agreement that is a noterized and legal contract. At this point I think the parties involved would even be willing to do so without adding interest or expect anything extra for their lost time and headaches. You should have the parts necassary to restore the motors to atleast stock. What would a set of new gaskets and such cost...$100 maybe, that is if they are disassembled in the first place. This way they could atleast put there quads back together to enjoy or try a different avenue of getting them built. There is no reason what so ever that you still have these motors. Alot of us have extra parts laying around as well. Could you do a break down on what each motors current situation is, what it needs to be running, and maybe we could help you in that way as well. I know you have some parts left, do an envintory, post them(I bet ATVConnection would be willing to let you, to resolve the situation, Right Dbeck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]), and see what you could sell to help pay the debts owed. This would maybe take what....a day to accomplish???

I am sory Ron but I dont have any suggestions on your situation. I am not sure who expects what????

Old 12-05-2002, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Demon, whats up?? I am going to be at little sahara on saturday just to get the need for sand out of my system until FSW. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Back to the topic, it is kind of hard to follow as all these names keep popping up. If wayne paid to get his engine back, then he should have it. I dont think what someone else has done to screw don really matters. If someone owes you money and you have their parts or engine, send them a letter in writing that if the balance is not paid by such and such a date that the parts or engine will be sold. Then you can sell them and be done with it.

If you have peoples engines that they have paid deposits on and they are sitting there, contact them and see what they wish to have done. I guess it looks like you are no longer in business, so make arrangements to pay them back and get them their engines back. It is not that hard. If you dont have the money to ship them back, then we can all come together and find a way to get them shipped back to the rightful owner. Lack of communication seems to be the biggest issue. I know it would be for me.

Those are my thoughts on the whole thing.

Later
Bat

Old 12-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: racrdude
Just out of curiosity...WAYNE...do you have your motor yet?? Did it ship last Friday?? Has Don responded to you personally about it...or just trashing "other" customers?? I don't understand how "someone" could go "riding" at Dumont with out finishing past, current, & promised commitments. I do have to agree with the King...What IS the bottom line for EACH missing motor guy to get his motor back?? Don still has not said "Where" all the missing motors are. Is it safe to assume at this point, the missing motor group just want their motors back??
No, my motor has not been shipped yet. Don found some corrosion on the crank because it was sitting so long that he wanted to have it cleaned up at a machine shop. He did reply to me, the day he started this post, that he did not have the crank back yet.

Demon, I just paid for my motor to be released.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:34 PM
Range Rover

So...does he have an e.t.a. on the crank ?? When is it shipping?? This sounds kinda scary....

PS...kudos to Don for at least responding to Wayne. Communication is a WONDERFUL thing...

Old 12-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: racrdude
So...does he have an e.t.a. on the crank ?? When is it shipping?? This sounds kinda scary....

PS...kudos to Don for at least responding to Wayne. Communication is a WONDERFUL thing...
The crank should be ready this week is what he told me. He said he would take a day off when the crank gets back, and put it back together. I hope there are no more delays.

Old 12-05-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I'm like DuneDevil at this point, I believe that I just want my motors back. I also am willing to work on a payment plan for the refund. I think that I have been patient and waited long enough. I don't think this is being unreasonable. I am yet to even hear from Don since this post. I am not one to bash on a forum. I ,like James ,would rather do business in private ,but if this is what it take so be it. I do appreciate everyones help on this matter.

Thanks

J Ross

Old 12-06-2002, 01:00 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]I cannot believe that all the missing motor guys want everone to help them out. I have a 2000 DS 650 I have invested over $20,000. I have only ridden it 15 -20 times. I noticed on THEBOM web page he owns a set of wheels he bought from hipertech the guys that created my problems and then gave empty promises about making it right. I bought a brand new DS and had it sent to them with the full payment of $4,000 for an EFI Turbo setup. Got lots of the same type of excuses from Tom at Hiper just like you guys got from Don at Kuntz. The only common factor with these two company's is they scewed people right after they previewed there sevices in dirt wheels. I think the guys at hi-Torque Publication shoud make sure before the publish that the peoples claims are acurate before giving out how to reach them for there services and get ripped off. Thats how I got tied into Tom at Hiper. At least Kuntz is trying even though he has lost his bussiness. I think a person our business should be picked as a trustee, all transactions, shipments, money and communications should be handled through the trustee. It all comes down to the old saying if you want to play you have to pay. Going fast is not always easy to figure out and is definetly not cheap. Hipertech is still in business and has done nothing to try and make things right. I am sure Scooby has invested a small fortune getting the bike from Steve Benson and has spent even more since he got the bike back trying to make it run right. If Kuntz is willing to try let him. Help him. Anything you get will be more than I ever got. The first time I spoke with Don he had heard of the problems I had with Hyper and seemed to care about my being ripped off. Everybody has problems, if you think you owe it pay it. Your the only one who knows what you owe. Don get all the parts you have and post them on the extreme gagage classifieds or EBAY. I am sure the parts will go fast I am interested in buying. Be the bigger person and lets all get past this. If you want a new crusade strart emailing hiper.

Thanks

Old 12-06-2002, 01:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Frist none of the missing motor guy's ever asked us to help Them. Some of us ride with them and some don't even know them personaly. Its just a group effort to help wouldbe friends if they could get there bikes back together and come ride with us! We are a social group unlike any forum group ive seen many has traveled to ride and race togther which give us a sence of comunity thats all. and hearing your woe's i would definetly think about not dealing with hyper! but this is the frist ive heard of your woe's!!! since were both from ariz we must get together and drink beer andf bitch a about all the idiots in this buiness that has screwed us(if your of age that is ) LATER[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

PS; if those are links they don't work!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!