CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lets get planning DS Days 2003!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets get planning DS Days 2003!!!!

The awesome part about St. Anthony's is you can haul A!@$ and not worry about killing yourself by smaking a hidden burm or falling off a drop off
Sounds damn boaring to me! Wheres the excitment??? LOL

By the way, I can take my vacation in September just as easy as Aug. Can't see your point there... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2002, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone ever consider Florence or Coos Bay??? Why does it always have to be down South?? Just a thought, no need to jump on me!!

Old 12-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great idea BajaDS650 (sounded like you needed some positive re-enforcement.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Unless, you are one of the Rangers looking to bring in your monthly quota of noise tickets by sponsoring a group that couldn't possibly pass the dB ratings. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

My thought is make it as close as possible to the group that is going.

At this point I think Sand Mt., NV is the best choice for this event. This event has established itself for Labor Day weekend.

Now, before I get jumped all over, that doesn't mean we all can't get together and Ride other places. I am sure if someone was to schedule a trip for St. A's or Coos Bay or Little Sahara they could tell the rest of us that we were welcome to come.

I think we are better off having a DS Days for the Western States at Sand Mt. and then one for Texas / OK area , etc. It isn't realistic to think that someone will drive over 1000 miles for a weekend trip (although, Bartlet, we enjoyed seeing you last year.)

If 4SW's is at Glamis every year, DS Days at Sand Mt., NV all we need to do is have a Utah-Idaho and Coos Bay events then each year there will be an event at every area (in the Western States.)

So, St. A's on June 21-22 weekend? Are there any special events that would interest the DS group on any other date? Drags?
Coos Bay July 12-13??? When is Sand Fest? 4th of July would be great except for the sound checks that would bust the whole DS crowd.

I doubt there will be anyone that makes it to all events (if they even got planned.)

Or, we can just say, anyone that promises a good wet-T-Shirt contest gets to host it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

It's cool all you guys will gather for something like this. I tried a Cannondale Pride Ride and got two stinkin people who said they'd come to LS, Utah.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Lots of pics in my sig of Idaho and LS, Utah.. www.dunereview has lots of vids of both.. Have fun guys!!!

Old 12-16-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

I can see the point of Sand Mtn Nevada but I still feel that we should try and cater to the eastern guys. I know several of them have a trip planned to come out west in the fall and they were strongly leaning towards St.A's anyways. Thats what I based my recommendation on. I know it is close to me but I went to Sand Mtn NV twice last year, headed to FSW's, and am hoping to hit Dumont for new place this year as well. My point being that if you want to see something new(which I like to do) then we need to have it move. One bonus of Little Sahara UT on Labor Day is King of the Hill. Lots to see and people to do!!

I would love to go to Oregon as well but then again, way to far for the other 75% of the US citezens to come. Pluss I friggen hate the BS idea of having to de-tune a quad when the idea is to go and show what you got against the other DS's.

Sandgod, and anyone else, it may be DS days but ANYONE is invited to attend!! We have to have someone to pick on LOL.

Old 12-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Great idea BajaDS650 (sounded like you needed some positive re-enforcement.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Unless, you are one of the Rangers looking to bring in your monthly quota of noise tickets by sponsoring a group that couldn't possibly pass the dB ratings. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

The thing about the noise limit in Oregon didn't even pop into my head, guess I wasn't thinking.I'm not even sure if my new setup will work in Florence(even with the supertrapp disks). I think Sandfest is the 1st week of August.

DS Days: My vote is for Sand Mtn, NV.

How about we put up a poll in the 'Poll Forum' and see what happens??

DuneMe: Thanx for the back-up!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2002, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I love you all but i will be where the fastest ds's are and more than likely that will be sand mt!!!!!! i love them humps!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2002, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

sand mtn nev is my vote as well.

Old 12-17-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

i love them humps!!!!!!
So....what do ya think about the dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2002, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Your sick my friend i tell you sick!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lets get planning DS Days 2003!!!!