CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BIG thanks to EVERYBODY!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG thanks to EVERYBODY!

Wow what a trip! We sure didn't come as far as some but far enough! I'm always impressed but how great a bunch of guys ( and girls) there are that make up these forums. My week end started very frustrating , Thursday morning I pulled the bike off the trailer took it for a short ride came back and there was this terrible knocking sound. The bike had been running great up in Utah but at 365ft above sea level I couldn't figure what the crap had happened. I spent the entire friggin day going thru the valve train , checking and rechecking clearance , timming ,fluids etc etc, went to bed ready to turn around and go home. Friday I decided to pull the whole head off thinking maybe the rod had stretched or the bearings had loosened up and that the piston and head were hitting, initially that appeared to be the case, and so with Jeffs tools and trailer and TVi's mobil shop and compressor I proceeded to remove some material from the head and some points of contact. Well I tore my head gasket , in the process of removing the head, Richard (AZsand)happened to have the one off his 733 and it was in excellent condition so on it went. Gary @ TVi just happened to have the right valve puck in his pocket to help me tighten up one of my valves and that's just the way the whole weekend went. Every thing that was needed for just about any repair or rebuild for any bike I saw some how was there.
I've never seen a Bomb dealership with as many varied parts as what materialized at camp once the word went out. Biggeris better, needed a new exhaust valve and battery and both those parts showed up , it was really kinda amazing how selfless everybody was and how much help folks were willing to give to get strangers up and running.
Steve and his dad( DSmike, both super nice) helped me figure out that I was hearing preignition from running such low octane- man I figured I only had about 11.5:1 compression happening but when we did a compression test it hit 245psi!

106 oct from 14 mins helped to quite it down and 116 oct from TVI took care of the problem, after two very frustrating days
It ran very well indeed. Unfortunately I didn't get to run everybody I wanted to on Saturday but i was very pleased with how it pulled Olds. The whoops were getting the best of me ( my rear end was way too tight ) and it wanted to stand up in first and second when ever I got on it, so all I could do was reel bikes in and it did that very well. Azsand said he could see the grin right thru my helment - he was right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I had a blast, saw some freaking crazy drags, played hard and just had a great time. I enjoyed meeting every one I did and really appreciate all the help I received - you all know who you are,

I dynoed just a hair above the 703 and the jetting was still off on my carbs but all and all once I get this 733 set up properly It will do just fine- it has awesome torque!
I will be contacting Samcoe and discussing some of the issues I dealt with , nothing major I just don't think they know what compression this engine really has and some clearance issues. It appears that the reason AZsands 733 granaded was that the wrist pin was 1/4" too short and was slidding back and forth in the piston until the piston broke and took out everything else. Very unfortunate for him but I think he is very pleased with his 760 anyway, it was running very strong on the runs I saw.
Any way just wanted to thank everybody including Paul for his hospitality for making my FSW2 a great time

Old 01-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

Its always nice to see people get help when they need it.Hats off to all the guys who helped him out.My weekend didnt fair so well....I was having problems with my Ds and the suspention was way to tight and dumped it Sat morning in the whoops...well that slowed me down the rest of day.

Nate in Arizona

Old 01-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Your welcome

Old 01-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Major, I couldn't had said it better myself! A HUGE HEART FELT THANKS go out to DSMike and Steve,and also to AZSAND along with DuneDevil,and Bob Craycraft and last but certainly not least you. I had some of the WORST luck this past weekend and with the help of these great guys and you I was up and running and was able to enjoy Glamis.

Also a big thanks goes out to DSracer(I think thats his forum name) He stopped and pulled be back to camp when know one else did, I would have been TOTALLY Screwed if he had'nt have stopped and helped.Thanks agian man!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 01-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

Major, I hope you got alot of video for me to watch LOL. I will give a call when I get back to UT. I am in Wy for a freinds funeral. I should be there on Wed. Glad to hear you had a great time, after hearing about the bullcrap BLM and the disorganization that occured becouse of them I am glad I did not go. Thay would have been hauling me off in cuffs.

Old 01-21-2003, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Time for Major to switch to alky!

Old 01-21-2003, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

I woke up at 3:00am on Thursday trying to figure out that dam clicking sound....glad you figured it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]