CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

All Black

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Black

I may be going out on limb here, but bear with me as I am new here. I ride way down south in Texas and I was at the local dunes (actually just a wash out) and I saw this very very nice DS. It was completely blacked out except for a chrome pipe. It was very very aggressive looking and when I was talking to some of the onlookers that know him they said he does alot of internet chat. Just thought I would see if he happened to do any of it here. It was a very nice looking quad, and also very fast he beat a few bikes and I only saw him lose one time ( but I dont think it was fair because he lost to the almighty Quadzilla). Well if anyone could steer me in his direction, get in touch with him for me, or if he will just come out and claim his quad I would really appreciatte it.

Old 01-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default All Black

WOW... I dont kow what to say. But I do know it is a small world, never thought I would find another rider on here this far south. That was my four wheeler, we just finished it that day (and yes i did get spanked by the zilla) , and thanks for all the compliments. My bike is not to built (well not as much as I would like), but it can move. Well I quess if you would like to meet up and ride with our group you could anytime, we go out on saturday mornings and ride till something breaks or we are worn out. But you and who ever you would like are welcome to come along and have some fun. Well PM me or email me and I will get into touch with you or I can get you my number. Well take care and hope to hear from you maybe before this weekend.
Peace

Old 01-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default All Black

Itsfast,

I was going to do the exact same color sceem, DAMMIT!! I wanted to black out my frame and motor,A-arms,Swing-arm. DId you powder coat your stuff??
But I was going to use my yellow plastic,and keep my ITP magnums.

Oh well, Got any pics??

BIggerisbetter.

Old 01-28-2003, 01:40 AM
Trailblazer
Default All Black

Hey bigger, yes I did powder coat my frame and a-arms and swing arm, then I had my motor painted with hi-temp black paint. I originally had the black plastics from the factory so we sanded them down and trimmed them up a bit and then painted over them with an automotive paint that my uncle recommended and so far no cracks inb the plastics yet. As for the pictures go I have a ton of pictures, before and after shots and all the goodies, but the only thing is that I have no digital camera. We are supposevily getting a scanner soon so hopefully I can get some up, because i want to start my own web page.

P.S. My seat was also redone by a seat repair shop and it was done over in a glossy black almost silk like material that grips your @s$ but looks really sharp. But it looks very very impressive.
Peace

Old 01-28-2003, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default All Black

I was thinking of doing my frame, A-arms, and swingarm but it seemed like alot of work and I wasn't sure how it would look. If you could send me some pics when you get them, I would like to check it out.

Old 01-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default All Black

HEY bigger me and dsmike will help ya go really fast and then it dont matter what it looks like no one will say anything but that thing flyssssssssssssssssssss hahaha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default All Black

Hey SAMCOEDS you are one of the people I was hoping would respond to this thread. I have been really considering your 733 kit. I think from what I have read about it on here that it will put me where I need to be. But I have been meaning to get into touch with you in order to find out prices and also what the kit consist of. If you or someone else that reads this thread could leave me an email address or a phone number where I can reach you I would really appreciate it. JMAC650 I will be more then happy to send you some pics of my bike as soon as I can get some digital shots or we get the scanner. Also how do you like the rims you are running I have been considering some. Thanks for the help, this place is great.

Old 01-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default All Black

HEY bigger me and dsmike will help ya go really fast and then it dont matter what it looks like no one will say anything but that thing FLLYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 01-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default All Black

Originally posted by: ItSFaSt
Hey SAMCOEDS you are one of the people I was hoping would respond to this thread. I have been really considering your 733 kit. I think from what I have read about it on here that it will put me where I need to be. But I have been meaning to get into touch with you in order to find out prices and also what the kit consist of. If you or someone else that reads this thread could leave me an email address or a phone number where I can reach you I would really appreciate it. JMAC650 I will be more then happy to send you some pics of my bike as soon as I can get some digital shots or we get the scanner. Also how do you like the rims you are running I have been considering some. Thanks for the help, this place is great.

If you mean the carbonfiber rims, the front are O.K. but the rears make the quad to narrow. The wheels I am running now are douglass 190's (10x6 & 10x9) that are powdercoated black.

Old 01-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default All Black

If you don't mind me asking, what does it cost to get something powdercoated, such as a set of rims or bumpers? What might it cost to have an entire frame done? I was thinking someday after I've put some good wear on the gray paint I'd like to get my frame/swingarm/a-arms powdercoated. The all black look is appealing.

Quick Reply: All Black