CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Tearing the DS apart!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tearing the DS apart!?!?

Swingarm ins't bad to remove - the two lock nuts are tight to each other, and there is loc-tite on them from the factory too, but not bad. If memory serves me correct they are 30mm. When you pull the pivot out after you get the nuts off and remove the swingarm, there will be an o-ring on each side of the swingarm's pivot - they sit in the bevels of the brass bushings and expand to let purging grease out, but no water in. Put new ones on when you put it back together, but leave them up on the brass until you finish tightening the pivot nuts, then slip them down on the bevels when its all done, to keep from smashing them.

Those hub nuts are torqued to like 180lbs.!! have somebody sit on the bike, with the bike in gear and the rear brake fully pressed, and you can brake it loose with a breaker bar and a pipe slipped over the end for more leverage. No need to take the other one off, but if you do - do it with the axle still on the bike and the same person holding the brake with the bike in gear.

Just a couple tips that make it all easy!

Old 02-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Kyle- Are you building a "super pig"?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
What shop is doing the motor work??? Mike and Steve's motor werks??? I heard the slogan under the phone number said "guaranteed to make your pig sqeal, or your 100 dollars back"

Old 02-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mark, You sound worried???? LOL!

Actually no I am not doing anything to make it faster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I am replacing some bent shifting forks. and I figured i may aswell do some other stuff while I have it apart, so I am going to have the frame,A-arms,swing-arm and motor powder coated BLACK, then have my plastic painted????

Maybe later I will be able to buy a Piston,and cams to go along with my Headwork. One things for sure, Its gonna look different!

Bigger.

Old 02-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bigger- It is against the law to do a complete tear down and not make a attept to make more HP

Section 69 in the rule book on page 007 paragraph 14[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

and...

Section 69 in the rule book on page 007 paragraph 15 , amendment to "Section 69 in the rule book on page 007 paragraph 14" it says "Upon complete tear-down all quads EXCEPT Bombardier DS650 and Bombardier DS650 Baja should require adding HP"

Old 02-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

He's just trying to be like me, he saw my bike now has to do what I did... J\K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm thinking about cutting my fenders, anyone have a black DS with cut fenders. Send me a pic at atvforums2002@yahoo.com

Old 02-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bigger, look I'm a pro rider now. Yeeeeehawwwwwww, Can I hang out with you now?

Old 02-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

KM, look at my gallery pics on the forums. I think there is a couple of pics of my cut fenders....

Old 02-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congradulations!!!!!!

Now you will be able to FLY through those whoops![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yes I do like the way your quad looks, and I want to be JUST LIKE YOU when I grow up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

P.S> Mark, I would be glad to make her 10hp faster, but I will need a check from a Sponcer(ATPT racing)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

BF- Thanks, that looks good, do you have any close ups?

Bigger- your almost there, we are already in the same career field, your blacking your bike out, now we just need to turn you into a U of A wildcat fan......... Cause you know no one can hang with the Basketball team this year.

Quick Reply: Tearing the DS apart!?!?