CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

how to wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 01:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to wheelie?

yeah it's my first bike and now i'm trying to pull a wheelie. Just can't seem to pull the front up. Any suggestions? What gear, how high should i rev it, is there a need to pull back and shift weight, or does the bike pick up by itself?

Old 02-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default how to wheelie?

You can do it the easy but scarey way.. Put it in first rev it to about 4-5 grand and let the clutch go. Lean back and it should come right up. I have enought power that I can just give it gas in 1-2-3 gears and it comes up on its own... Another option would be to keep it in first or send and roll along at about 2-3 and then crack the gas and lean back. It should come up.

Old 02-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default how to wheelie?

Exactly what Mudstud says....

With my new exhaust and everything, I can wheelie in almost any gear, its crazy how well it responds to simple mods. You should have no problem doing a wheelie.

Old 02-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Range Rover
Default how to wheelie?

so was this from a stopped position or moving, and how fast?

Old 02-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Range Rover
Default how to wheelie?

Try both! I like doing them from a roll.....but what ever! Once you fall off enough you 'll get the hang of it.

Shane

Old 02-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default how to wheelie?

I like rolling ones... I usualy just get moving maybe 5 feet then I crack the gas.. It gets more traction .. Just play.. You will get it.

Old 02-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default how to wheelie?

Ahhhhmmmmm BARTLETT!!! I figured you would be all over this one!!

Old 02-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default how to wheelie?

traction can cause a little problem, but like they said the roll is a nice way. i get going in second low gearing thing and give it a little clutch action that will bring the front up, then you will want to make sure you have the rear brake close , with practice you will be shifting gears, although i find i go to the right but i'm working on that it still go a long ways maybe a mile the raptors don't like it, you may want to check on a rear grab bar they are the first to go, my wife is on her third the first two were stock, now i have prm standards on both. there like $28 plus shipping, plus they polish up nice. oh seems the balance point is rather far back but you get comfortable after awhile just remember the brake. now that i think back seems the best practice we got (my brother an i ) was on my daughters Lt80 go nice and slow and gets the throttle brake thing down, and if we went over it was rather slow and light. good luck and i would order a bar now if you plan on doing a lot of wheelies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default how to wheelie?

when i started i found a field and spent half the day doing 1st gear wheelie,
then started shifting to 2nd,
after you get the hang of it just keep shifting

Old 02-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default how to wheelie?

Just get rolling a bit in 1st gear, punch it and pull back. I can wheelie in 1st or 2nd with mine and it's stock. These things are pretty easy to wheelie, I was pullin some on my first test drive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I suggest you just really get to know your machine, it will come naturally.

Quick Reply: how to wheelie?