CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alky kit for the lectron

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alky kit for the lectron

Who makes the alky conversion kit for the lectron? How much? Where to get it? AZSand said Sudco but I just called them and they don't now.

Old 02-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fast by Gas!!

I don't know thier #, but I know they know ALOT about the Lectron Carb.

Good luck( and do you plan on calling me out agian next year??)LOL

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Oh you better believe I'll be calling you out next year. My bike is in the shop right now in fact. I was going to a stage 3, we ran out of time so it won't be done by this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was dying to test it out but I guess I'll have to run the stage 1 one more weekend.

Anyway, since I didn't get my work done in time I was thinking of trying alky this weekend.

Old 02-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

you will have to talk to lectron. you will need a new fuel bowl and another power jet. they will also send new needle(alot different).

what size carb do you have? i might be able to get you what you need. some of the shops here might have it in stock.

Old 02-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have the 44mm, why would I have to get a new bowl, I understand the needle and jet but bowl?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Any idea how much, I don't want to spend a bundle if I'm only going to use it one weenend, then again I may stick with it.

Old 02-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I purchased the alky conversion from "Fast By Gast"

What was in the kit is New needle, New needle and seat, and a new variable power jet.

These are the three things that they sent me. The only reason for a new bowl would be if they made a larger capacity bowl (IMO) As long as you have the large volume needle and seat, I don't know of any reason for the new bowl.

Also, If I was to purchase a new carb from them, I would recommend getting the variable power jet straight from the begining. It would make tuneing the carb alot easier in my opinion.

DuneDevil

Old 02-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

to run alky the right way though a lectron is to have to power jets. the bottom of the bowl where you have one tube running to the power jet will now have 2. one from both sides. the new bowl is set up for to have 2 power jets. i do not think that 1 power jet would be enough jet to feed a motor.

i will try to find some pictures of a alky lectron.

Trending Topics

Old 02-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

DSMike,

Now that you have said that, I agree with you. I have seen them set up that way.

BUT, That was on two strokes.

The gentleman at Fast by Gast and I were trying to set up my stuff for the dual carbed 760 four stroke. He decided that with two carbs running the single cylinder four stroke, that alls we would need would be the larger valve seats and the large power jets. He did not think it would require the second jet on each carb.

So, I appologize for not remembering on the set up, It was a year ago when we discussed it. And I do remember seeing the setup that you are talking about.

DuneDevil

Old 02-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

on a lectron the power jet is the main fuel supply. the needle does everything up to about 80% full throttle. then the power jet is the main jet.

i have NOT seen a lectron on a 4 stroke and wouldn't have a clue if it would work on a gas set up. short distance PROBABLY.

if i was going to run lectrons on my DS i would want the alky lecrton carbs. you can always jet down if its to much. alky is very very harmful when running lean.

when are you going to have your 760 running? by snake hunt? i'll have (2) 40mm alky lectrons there on snake hunt that you can try and see if they work better. if the jetting is close.

Old 02-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I will not be getting a 760. I will be running something that is very similar to what you are running, But just a little different. Yes it will be running by "Snake Hunt" weekend.

On the carbs, I will be running a 48mm lectron for the first part of the season. After I get it dialed in and dynoed, I will switch to the dual 40mm lectron. It will be easier for me to tune the one carb first and see wha tthe bike has to offer, then go to the dual and get on Alcohol also. I kinda want to play it somewhat safe for "Snake Hunt"

DuneDevil

Quick Reply: Alky kit for the lectron