CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEED AFTERMARKET OIL TANK

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED AFTERMARKET OIL TANK

Does anyone have a tank or know of one? My stock tank has a leak.

Old 02-23-2003, 08:02 PM
dsr
Trailblazer

stay tuned i'm working on an after market guy to build us a tank.

Old 02-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

I need one fast! I would like to have a aluminum tank so I can polish it. Stay in touch!

Old 02-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone that wants one should call Pingry's. He might build them again if he had 10 or more sold.

Old 02-23-2003, 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I am having one built right now to go under the seat we should be playing with it in the next few weeks unfortunatley the alum one full of oil is going two be just a wee bit lighter than stock but we think the weight is being dist better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought pingry was burning up motors with their oil tank - mounted in wrong location, gravity oil feed problem??

If the tank is mounted under the seat, won't the gravity fed oil flow stop when climbing hills or wheeling?

Old 02-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby makes a good point!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The bike actualy has a oil pump and thats why were having to build it at close to the same wieght for capacity it needs to have enough oil in the resivor at all positions to pump oil and i bet we have that covered. but i welcome your sugestions scooby. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if any one has any sugestions we will be glad to listen and if i need to have more made i can have them made at the same time.

Old 02-24-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

The motor does have both a draw pump to pull from the tank and a return pump, as AZSand stated.

I have heard about a manufacturer that experimented with changing the location, and burned up several motors, as Scooby stated.

I thought about producing a tank that reloced itself to under the seat, but was worried about the liability if motors did burn up.

It should work AZ, but I would try it on one of your less expensive motors first, just for safety's sake.

If it does work, I'd love to trade you something for one of them. I can't afford to buy one, but would love to have it. Let me know how it works out.

Old 02-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here's my idea the unit will be 6x5 rectanglar shaped with a 3!/2"inch beep base tank with 21/2" deep pyramid with the suction hose coming out of the bottom of the triangle. And about 23/4 down the sides of the main box adding a solid baffell with three 1" holes running side by side across the tank. And two 1/2 1" circles at each end of the box that way the bike pointing up or down you never can run into a cavatation problem. the return oil comes in over the baffels and has rundown time which should minamize air in the oil and we could make a bolt on cover so that we can install magnets in the resivor and the would act as purifiers ??? well guy's what do you think. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEED AFTERMARKET OIL TANK