CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

new a-amrs in stock size or +1"???? whats your feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new a-amrs in stock size or +1"???? whats your feedback?

im about to order the HSD strongarms and cant figure out if i want to go with +1's or not, the major reason is i dont think it will squeeze in between the wheel wells of my F250 with any wider wheelbase cause it barely rubs now, but i hardly ever have it in the back, cause i always use a trailer, The front of the ds is pretty wide already but i only ride sand dunes and it seems the wider the better, i did have it on some woods trails once with a friend with a raptor and i had to go slower than him cause my front wheels were off the trail???????? once again that was the only day it ever saw trails, i need new tie rods either way and the extened a-arms kit comes with new tie rods, I bent mine that one day i had it on woods trails. Also do the extended a-arms give you more suspension travel?? if so that would make the suspension better for the dunes right? if so id go extended for sure...
its a tough decision, any feedback is apprectiated
Jetjock16

Old 02-25-2003, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new a-amrs in stock size or +1"???? whats your feedback?

It sounds like you pretty much answered your own question. Go wide! Loading in your truck should be a minor issue, go over the wheel wells. Thats what I had to do when I put my Quadzilla in my mini-truck.

More travel? That depends on the shock mounting point. To be honest with you, I'm not sure how the extended a-arms are being set-up.