CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Michigan DS riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michigan DS riders

What is the best area in the UP? I have been snowmobiling Paradise to Marquette, nice trails are they the same for the quads?

Old 02-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

phhh marquette lol, nothing compared to up here, logging trails, all the snowmobile trails quads are alound on! tons of room to ride, fun areas to ride sand piles ( were not alound on them, they belong to some company, but they cant catch us with trucks) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and ive never gotten yelled at for having loud pipes anywhere. riding on the beaches of lake supirior, and whats awsome is i can just go from my house to the trail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] over all, i really like all the trails and stuff up here, but i wanna try some dunes some time. we also got a good motocross track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Houghton where i am is more north of marquette.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Brad do you like your alba kit..

Old 02-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

i didnt actually buy the kit, i just baught the whole thing off of ebay for 100$, and baught a uni clamp on filter, but the alba pipe is really nice, and saved lots of weight, looks good, sounds awsome! id recomend it to anyone looking for a pipe. if you do a wheelie with the ron wood pipe, it hits the ground.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

I was just looking at a bunch of maps for atv trails in michigan, there are trails everywhere up there, looks like alot of them are the same trails as the snowmobile trails. I was in the Fredrick area snowmobiling last month and asked a few locals about the trails and they said most of the same trails are open to quads in the summer.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

yup, your right on the money, i really like to ride up here. You should come up here sometime! im the only one up here with a DS. ive never seen another one up here.

Old 02-27-2003, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

Where do you live Brad? My friend has a cabin in Rapid River and thats almost to Escanaba. I have never ridden up there but I would like to. I didn't think they allowed quads in Sleeping Bear Dunes...?!?

Old 02-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

escanaba isnt too far away from me, im in the houghton/hancock area, in houghton county. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BigPink
Sorry man the trails are off limits to quads. It really sucks too. If you are ballsy enough you can ride on em anyway. I have plenty of times but I know people that have been nailed and its not cheap. If I remember its like a C-note per fine. There are a few designated trails though for quads. Have you been to Silver Lake? Its pretty tight over there. Giant sand hills right on Lake Michigan.

Here is a link to the website:
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070_15080-34760--,00.html

BigPink,

You owe me the name and number of a Bomb dealer in Ohio. Are you going to come through for me? A simple "Yes" or "No" will do. I'll be purchasing my new DS between now and the middle of April.

Pink is correct, you can't ride the snow machine trails on ATV's. All trails in the L.P. are closed unless posted open. Although, there are a large number of areas in the Michigan ORV/ATV trail system. Mostly the northern L.P. and the U.P. (all trails in U.P. are open unless posted closed). Here's a link to get you each ORV/ATV riding map for the great state of Michigan!

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...8330--,00.html

Here's a place just north of Flint that's a blast too: http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/mounds.htm

TheOz

Old 03-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer

Going back to the original post...2000 with 20 hp shot of NOS, White brothers R4, on carb filter, main jet at 185 {?} I think. I go to the dunes about three to four times a year. Usually late May, or early June, then in mid July, then late September. Usually Thursday through Sunday, that way you almost have the place to yourself for two days, then when you are sore and stiff (I'm getting old I guess), you can enjoy spanking other quads on the drag strip, and watching others.

As far as places to ride in the L.P. for trails that are kinda slow and narrow Mio is great!!, For faster wider try the Little Manastee (sp?) Motor Loop near Luther and Peacock, and my favorite Black Mountain Recreation area in Cheboygan County...old ski resort turned over to us ATVers, with lots of trails around and fun hill shoots.

Quick Reply: Michigan DS riders