CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

American Star A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Star A-arms

What's Marky's beef, just a couple of months ago he was TBR's no.1 fan now sooo bitter. Let me set you all straight, Mark approached TBR about selling their stuff on ondunes website. They gave him the percentage price he asked for, only he advertised them on his sight for LESS THAN WHAT TBR SOLD THEM FOR DIRECTLY TO THE CONSUMER. Some customers raised this to TBR's attention, which makes sense since it would be stupid to sell direct for more than one of your dealers. Simple, call the website up and have them change the price to MATCH THE MANUFACTURER'S SELLING PRICE AT THE REQUEST OF THE MANUFACTURER! After all it is the manufacturer who sets the price. The website would still make the same profit and yet, Mark refused to change his price. So TBR told him they wanted to pull their products since he wouldn't comply with their requests.
You see, these forums are a great place to share ideas, war stories, even complaints. I do have a problem when people have vendettas with others and constantly bring it up with no substantial reason. Fact is Mark lost nothing on this deal, except an up and coming company who now has thair own website, as well as soon being added to alba actionsports, motoworldracing.com and rocky mountain atv. I don't work for TBR but I do buisness with them and know how hard they work to make this thing grow and will be vigiliant in letting you all know what they are up to. And remember this 8 months ago TBR didn't exist, now they are one of the fastest growing manufacturers in the sport.

Old 03-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Grove world wide
Snorkle Economy
Genie International
JLG World wide
Terex World Wide

These are all manufactures i rep. i sell there products for what i want not what they want (its called manufacture sugested price) i belive what you are talking about is dealer monopoly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Upright manufacturig we sell there probucts @10% over manuf.suggested pricing WE WANT JSsDS to stay working[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2003, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I actually wasn't referring to you azsand, but there is another

Old 03-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Is there any benefit to selling them direct rather than through distributors. If so, why does anyone use distributors? If not, then who cares how much a distributor sells them for? As long as the Mfgr. makes the same money, why would they care how much the middle man makes or loses?

Just random thoughts..........

SD

Old 03-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

here, here - azsand /soonerduner - if marky wants to give us a break on having to deal with the poor customer service and on the price to boot. he should be charging a premium not less, but as you said he was. go figure

p.s. yes, i was going to use there product as well(great product) just poor service.

Old 03-03-2003, 10:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey glamis did you ever get your new a-arms im thinking of trying the american star for the price i don't want to put near as much in the new ds as ive got in the others[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] im going to build a economical version !![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

I got mine. Haven't had a chance to put them on yet, but at a glance they look great and also look to be top quality. Very well built.

Old 03-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are those chromed or painted (For that price who cares)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Really,,, for that price they could have sent them rusted & I wouldn't have minded. I'd be off to the powder coating shop with the just a little bit of the money that I saved!

Old 03-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

There are a number of companies that don't advertise price and list MSRP on their site or ad and say call, email or click here for our price. Marky has an advantage of being small with low overhead and chooses to pass on the savings to his customers. If the beef that leftofcenter is referring to is true and TBR doesn't want him to sell for less than they do directly it is price fixing and wrong. If Marky chooses not to sell their product because of this I think he should be commended for sticking up for the majority of riders that spend the time to look for deals to save their hard earned money.

Quick Reply: American Star A-arms