CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hightower almost drowned today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hightower almost drowned today!

Wayne, how did everything turn out? Is that a link in your last post? I can't get it to work if it is. Hope that wrist heals fast, so we can go riding again.

Ok, I got the link to work. Ouch.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks i shaddered mine riding and it was because people were in the way, also well good luck healing.

Old 03-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry about the wrist Wayne - I told you to tell the wife it happened in the back yard though!! Now you're grounded!!

My bike is okay - story is there's this tunnel that goes under a dirt road, and the creek flows through this tunnel. Well, we ride this tunnel everytime we're there, and the water at the outlet is never more than a foot deep - its been a foot deep for years and years man. SO when I saw the thin ice, I didn't care about breaking through because I new it wouldn't drop far. Turns out all the mega snow we had this winter caused some serious washout there recently when we had a thaw, and now its like 5 or 6 feet deep there!! total submergence - the DS went aquatic on me. I fought as hard as I could to keep it up, but 4psi of air in the tires aint enough to float a DS, and 500lbs wet weight (no pun intended) is just too much! Randy jumps in, helps me get the front up over the ice where Rockey grabs and starts pulling, and then he and Randy puled her out while I lifted the back over the ice. i was in 35 degree water for about 5 minutes I'd guess - but beat the hypothermia though. Then I had to go down with the Jeep to pull the ds up out of the creek valley!

it was truly quite a day - two Raptors in the group rolled and flipped. All this action, but none of it on film!!!! Damn the luck!

Rockey - that post about killed me with laughter!! yeah, there's was about a pint of water in her - through the crankcase vent I'd imagine. Carb bowl full of water, and the gas tank full of water! Headlight and tailight too. Got her all drained out, left all the plugs out, let her drip all night, gonna get her going today! Oh, not the slightest bit of water in the oil tank - none got pumped back to her - it died immediately.

Old 03-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Just do what I do. When your wife threatens to revoke the DS, just get a gallon of milk and pour it in the kitchen floor and start skating around in it naked. That usually works.

Old 03-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

SoonerDuner you're a nut we gotta hook up sometime and ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Course I went to college at the university of arkansas so we're natural rivals [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that'd be cool. Do you ever ride anywhere in Oklahoma? If so, then STOP IT YOU RAZORBACK!! LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just got in from riding - good as new - 9600rpm in fifth gear for 2 miles straight on the pavement got the pipe packing all dried out!! Sure was worrysome - yesterday was my first ride on my new rebuild! but she's back in action, cleaned and detailed, freshly lubed everywhere - inside and out. Boy, that's more than I can say for Wayne. Hey, I kinda like that milk idea - sound slike fun!

Old 03-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Truth be told, I've never tried it. But it DOES sound like fun. Well, I guess I'm off to Braum's for some cow juice.. I'll post a review after I get the floor mopped.

Old 03-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

glad to hear everything is ok hightower [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

sooner- no I don't ride in OK, I live in eastern arkansas about an hour from memphis. I do plan on going to little sahara some day though

Old 03-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Razorcat, did you get the PM that I sent you?

Quick Reply: Hightower almost drowned today!