CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Skid plate Question - Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Skid plate Question - Help

I just purchase an AC Swing arm skid plate. This is the skid plate that protects that end of the arm, brake rotor, and chain/sprocket. The darn thing looks crooked. I mean that the flat part that is supposed to be protecting the arm itself looks like it is at an angle..... Is that how it is supposed to be?

Also, am I to assume that the stock black guards and guides are to come off?

No directions came with the plate.

HELP!

Old 03-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thats the way it was made. its gonna fit fine. i have AC rear skid ???? frame skid and pro armor a arm skids. Enjoy putting the AC skid on I know I did. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

I've never inspected an AC skid and can only guess that they took ease of installation into account--I do have AC nerfs on both my daughters and my quad and they went on without a hitch are quality pieces. With that being said I do remember the process of installing my proarmor skid and it was pretty simple since they took into consideration the effort it would take to get some of the bolts on the existing skids/rock gaurds out. Proarmor fashioned their skid so that the bolts that are eisily removed could be and the ones that were not didn't have to be by slotting the mounting points on the skid so all you'd have to do is loosen those bolts. Also, proarmor didn't require the removal of the existing plastic rock gaurds. We all can empathis with your discovery that they failed once again send mounting instructions!!! I wonder if that's some form of subtle mockery???![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]You'll get it figured out--I've faith[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]psst--I asked for help when installing mine also--thanks again Hightower[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]