CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

installed pipes this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed pipes this weekend

well i finally decided to chance the noise where i ride(oregon dunes) well i got a woods pipe and the install was rather tight, it all works but it wasn't pleasant. next i got a graydon and that was as easy as i guy could want, did have to move a few wires and the vent line. so now i'm excited to get out and see the difference. they both seem nice, is there any tricks to the woods and the frame and spring clearance? does anyone know if the supertrap end helps bring the noise down on the woods pipe?

Old 03-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Make sure I got this right - One of your DS's has the Ron Wood pipe and the other has the Gradon pipe?

Who cares about the noise, which is faster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

that is correct i had to get my wife a pipe also, she got the woods pipe. and mine is about a clone of your, except it is a woods flavor, so i hope mine is faster or i'm going to be very sad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] that is why i want to meet up and ride with you and your group, it fun to talk ds and race raptors and all. actually i went to tvi on friday and looked at the race head gary has it was hard to walk away, actually the swing arm was saying it has my name on it. i will be taking my brother this weekend and his ds is all stock except a 15 front sprocket my wifes has 15-42 woods cdi and pipe with woods clutch springs. and mine is similar to yours, i've had head work done but not thinking it would be up to the level of yours. so i should be able to get some comparasions to let people know.

Old 03-17-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

where did you ever get you'r hands hands on a used graydon pipe? you must have just plain stole that sucker yah!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

with my woods pipe I ended up taking out that double sided rubber center mount and just put a good ol bolt in it and that helped pull it away from the shock and seemed to be centerd great after that. The bad thing though is i ended up busting the tab off completly but i never had a problem with it and just left it how it was. From what i have heard the disk tip is quieter but to get the same performance you have to add more disks that what it comes with. Like 18 or so totall is what i have heard.

Old 03-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yeah jeffroe the guy i got that from didn't know what he had there. you should see that thing shine now. so far i'm very pleased with that pipe. i hope that mbrp is as good as word has it, or there might be a good deal on one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sandman, give me a call if that happens. I may be ready by then for a little more power.