CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander Rebate??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander Rebate??

Is there a rebate being offered on the Outlander 400. I left the dealer earlier today, got an OTD price of $6002.85. In another thread there is mention of a rebate, any money back would be great and any info would be truely appreciated, Thanks.

Old 03-22-2003, 03:19 AM
Trailblazer

I would do some shopping. You should be able to get that down a few hundred dollars. The pricing in Wisconsin may be lower in general as well, but I got each of mine (separately, 2 weeks apart) for around $5500.

It just depends on the volume that your dealer does in Bombardier products. The larger the player, the better the pricing they get from the factory. Find one of the big shops in the area and you should find a better price.

Old 03-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

My dealer told me that ALL dealers pay exactly the same for these. Their sticker was $5599. I didn't do any dickering since I'm not ready to buy yet. This is in Wisconsin also.

Old 03-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm in Nevada and the dealers aroung here will not budge off $6000.00 for the 400, 4x4. So I going to Utah, Mon. to buy for 5,500.00. There are two places that will sell for that amount. These people are not going to loose money just to sell to me. So, I bet dealers pay well less than 5,500.00 for their machines. Ah, Mon. I will be kick'en up a long trail of dust.

Old 03-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

This is not the case... they are a part of a discount schedule based on their volume. Better pricing for those that are HIGH VOLUME dealers. Truth be told, I paid $5,400 a piece for mine. I know the guys that I bought from very well, but they would not lose money on the deal... that's just not their way.

You may want to contact Bombardier directly and ask them for a HIGH VOLUME reseller in your area. It does make a difference.

Best of luck,

Kaz

Old 03-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Honda East in Toledo, OH is advertising them on cycletrader.com "special internet pricing, $5099".

Old 04-01-2003, 01:46 AM
GT2
Trailblazer

Kaz, I have no idea whether there is a volume discount to the larger dealers or not. However, don't you think there's a little more involved here than bottom line price? I think it's a little narrow minded to suggest people go directly to the "big" dealer in the area. How about the smaller guys? ?Gotta start somewhere. If a local smaller dealer can come close to the big guy's price, I'll always buy at home. That one or 2 hundred extra will likely come back to you in more ways than one, especially if you ever need service. Just playing devil's advocate here. L8r

Old 04-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

I'm not so sure about the volume dealer rebate. I purchased my first Quest 650 at the largest Bombardier dealer in Western Canada. I purchased my second Quest 650 at a small dealer in Central BC. The small dealer beat the price by $200.00 before any hard negotiating. I'm sure you are correct that the high volume dealers get a deal from Bombardier. Whether they pass the deal onto the customer or not is the question.

Old 04-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

I'll try not to be so narrow minded... of course there are various factors associated with price. All resellers have a % of margin that they themselves determine fits in their business model. It's just basic math that those that have a better or "lower" cost from the manufacturer "may" have more room to work with on the sell price. Enough said.

Keeping your money at home is a good policy, just as long as it doesn't cost you more than you believe the value is worth. It's a judgement call for all of us... it's your money.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm also in Wisc and am shopping for an Outlander 400. Two local dealers quoted $5399 and 5395 + 200 frt & prep, including the 3 yr warranty. This is a 2.5 yr extension of the std 6 mo warranty, which is normally a $500 option, and the offer expires end of April.

Since I own 50 acres I inquired about tax exempt status for ag use and here is what he said: "ATVs are not titled in Wisconsin. They are registered with the DNR ($6 for private registration). You must pay sales tax to state of Wisconsin, regardless of where you live, unless you register it as 90% farm use. Farm use is tax exempt.".

Since we live in the #3 state on the tax hell list, I will definitely take advantage of that.

Quick Reply: Outlander Rebate??