CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HELP!! Need input fast.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Need input fast.

Well I am about officially out of my F@#$N mind![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I checked the deck height with the piston and it is imposible to get aan accurate reading what it is. TO the naked eye it look like it is at .000 to .002 Which means it would probably be ok, but I can't get that Rat Bas#@#%ARD Sam at Samcoe to call me back to get some details on specs! This guy has really made me ANGRY!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] If he doesn't call me by tommorow morning it is going to be a big wake up call for SAMCOE! The way I see it is someone out there should know the squish on a 12:5:1 piston but no one wants to tell me. All they say is it should be at least .080. Well that doesn't help me to much without going through a long and aggrivating process. WHAT IS THE SQUISH ON A 12:5:1 PISTON FOR HELL"S SAKE!!!!!!!! Is it normally starting at ,080 or doeast it normally start at .090? OR something like that?!?!?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I don't have the patience nor the time to play around with that Play dough crap! If these pistons are that far off from each other then someone needs to address this issue!! I don't know how many times people have told Samcoe that they have to have there 105mm piston shaved 5mm on the Mag side of the piston or it will crush the head!!!! He was told about it yet he is still sending out the same piston! It is suppose to a simple bolt in horsepower kit! I ahve already lost a week of work over this thing and tons of sleep and 2 weekend of riding and now possibly a third. I swear if this thing doesn't work right after I get it back together tomorow I am going to blow it up!!! Thats right ! Time to Dis-assemble NUMBER# 5!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] My recommendation at least right now is stay the Hell away fron these 105mm kits until somebody get's these water jacket issues corrected. I am sending my other cylinder in tommorow to have it punched out to a 102 or 103 bore and then re-nikasiled, depending if I can find anyone who carries these pistons in a stock stroke. For that matter I just may leave it stock!!! With my old piston in it!! I will know by tommorow night if we have cured the problem. I am going to have a base gasket made to a .030 thickness to compensat for the .010 taken off the top of the cylinder. Although it looks like my piston to deck height is right at .000. That stock base gasket is .020 thick according to my Calipers and about .018 after being torqued. Can anyone confirm this?? Anyway I have to go to bed now before I die from sleep deprevation!! Will let erveryone no tommorow how it turns out! Cross you fingers!

Old 04-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

man there is a lot to figure out on that kit, well hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Old 04-06-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Man I don't get it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Put everything finally back together over the last few days, I did everything by the book! I used Gasgasinch on the gaskets and torqued all the head bolts down to 50 lbs. IT fired right up on the first cranK! So I let it idle for a little bit and watched the heat and everything looked perfect! So I decided to let it cool down so I could check the radiator fluid and make sure all the bubbles were out, when what did I see in there?! WHITE!!!!! What the F@%K!!!!!! So then I thought I better check the oil and it was ok. So I drove it around for a cuple of hot laps and checked the oil again and it was starting to turn to milk!! Now I am wondering if it could be from the residue left in the bottom of the motor but something tell me no way!! So needless to say is anyone interested in a 105mm kit?!! Maybe you can get it to work and seal up. I have to much other crap to do then mess with it anymore and I am going to just do the 102mm. Let me know. I will make someone a great deal on it. Could a faulty base gasket give me milk in the radiator and oil????? Let me know please.

Old 04-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

angry when i got water in my oil it took 3 oil changes and i even took the clutch case side off and clean the clutch plates and every where i could and that white stuff still was coming out. i used cheap valvoline to try and get that junk out. even after i was sure it still took a while to cook that water out it would foam at the dipstick so you may have it, but i know how you feel i thought i still had a problem.

Old 04-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

R.I.P.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

That really sucks angry!! I mean the consumers "us" spend the time and $$$$ on this stuff and we expect it to work right!!! Especially when the parts cost an arm and a leg. That's just too bad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I hope things work out for you.

Old 04-07-2003, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

Well I decided to give it one last go and checked my torque on the head. MAn am I glad I did!! It seems that I only had it torqued down to 40 ft. lbs![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I knew my leak wasn't that bad before because it took quit some time for the fluids to change arond with one another. So I re-torqued the head bolts to 50 ft.lbs were they are supposed to be with this kit. Well I changed out all the fluids and everything started her up and let her idle for a while. When I looked in the oil tank it looked like there was some Milkshake happening again! Also I some some milk in the radiator again also!!! Oh MAN! Was I about to get beyond ANGRY!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I was just about to grab the match when I thought I would give it a little more time to idle and check again just in case. Well i am sure glad I did![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The oil was nice and clear and the radiator fluid had cleared up for the most part. It most have been some residual crap from earlier. So I started wacking the throttle really hard for a good 5 to 10 minutes trying to see if I could jolt a leak loose, because that is when it always seems to leak! And I also heat cycled it a couple of more times while abusing it in between and guess what?! I am going out for a maiden break in voyage tommorow!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Well i figure I better check it again tommorow but I think it will be fine. Rule of thumb!!! Make sure you torque this kit to Exactly 50 ft. lbs!!! And also make sure you have the cylinder O-Ringed!!! Oh!, And use Gasgasinch also. Also very important!, Obviously! Do a couple of heat cycles and then RE-TORQUE THAT HEAD!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Don't listen to anyone else!!! Do AS I SAY!!!!!!! OR yOu WILL REGRET IT!!!! I wasted a whole whole week of work away and another WEEKEND OF RIDING!!!!!! So take my advice, you will thank me later. I also lucked out and found gasket material that is exactly the same stuff that Bombardier uses for there base gaskets. I needed a thicker Base gasket to compensate for the cylinder decking and everyone kept telling me to just double up on the gasket. Well that made me a bit nervous and I am gald I didn't listen. The material I found just so happens to be .030 thick! Just what I needed! The stock base gasket is .020 thick and sice my cylinder was decked .010? PERFECTION!!! Just traced it and cut it out. I have some extra if anyone needs some that thick also. Well keep your fingers crossed for me tommorow guys! And I will report my results back tommorow.

Old 04-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

hope it works, the left over milkshake is a real pain seems mine stayed forever, well good luck.

Old 04-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

...fingers "X'ed", toes "X'ed", eyes "X'ed"...good luck, Tony! I hope to see you at Dumont in a couple of weeks! Let's run'em...

Old 04-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

How much sleep have you lost during all of this? Sounds rather frustrating to me.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Need input fast.