CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trinty pipe on.... Power lost?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinty pipe on.... Power lost?!?!?!?

I put my trinity on and it seems like I lost all the pull in 3rd and 4th gear. I put a 190 main jet in and left my pilot at 45. Trinity says to put the pilot at 40. She is louder than he$$ but the power is gone. What should I do. I have a stock motor besides a RW CDI and K&N with the lid removed. Plus I installed a dynojet kit with a new needle. I think my air screw is about 2.5 to 3 turns out. She idles fine and starts good. What in the he$$ is going on?! If thats all Trinity has, what a kick in the bag.

Old 04-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

Update - I am going to put in a 185 and try her. Trinity said I should have significant gains over stock. We will see...

Old 04-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

Hey bro keep us posted on the results of your dilemma, I got my trinity on monday and am doing the install this saturday. As far as I know I will have the same setup, 190 main and 45 pilot, no lid airbox....what about a 40 pilot instead?

Old 04-08-2003, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

I just installed my Trinity pipe and my DS had a 40 pilot in it stock, but I still have the power loss problem that you are talking about, I will try jetting down as well, please post any better results.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

never jet down, jet up guys !!! with more air you need more fuel, if it isnt what they said send it back, they use to have a 30 day money back guarantee

Old 04-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer

Man I had a 190 dynojet in and then I learned that it was actually like running a 178 mikuni! So I went and bought a 190 mikuni main and a 40 pilot just like the instructions say. I am putting it in tonight so we will see. I think the bottom line is Trinity is hosed. Unless you have extensive motor work (not bolt-ons) you aren't going to see a damn bit of difference.... except lack of power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sucks. I should have bought a slipon!

Old 04-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Big pnk I will trade you a kick but HMF slip-on and some cash for that Trinity pipe![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

I have about 6 bills in the Trinity with sparky. How much do you want to give? Is your pipe yellow? Sorry if it is.

Old 04-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

I think the bottom line is Trinity is hosed. Unless you have extensive motor work (not bolt-ons) you aren't going to see a damn bit of difference.... except lack of power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sucks. I should have bought a slipon!
bigpinkbeaverton, you didn't follow the dirctions, you don't know the difference between dynojet kits and mikuni's, and you blame Trinity???

Fire, Ready, Aim.

Old 04-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer

First of alll jingle jangle Trinity didn't specify jacksh*t on the directions. Never said I had to run Mikuni jets. Yeah that was my bad but the bottom line is the pipe blows. I have the correct jets in my possession right now and tonight I will put them in. How much do you want to bet it is still slower than stock. I bet it all. Stockbomb has the same problem as myself if you have read this forum. Plus, on the trinity website they say it will produce 10hp on a STOCK motor. Thats right STOCK. Well boys I am here to tell ya she takes 10 away.

Quick Reply: Trinty pipe on.... Power lost?!?!?!?