CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

bombardier is in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bombardier is in trouble

The sale is a done deal. Radio reports out of Canada say Honda is the buyer but that hasn't been confirmed.

BTW, Bombardier Recreational Products isn't in trouble. It's being sold because Aerospace is in trouble and needs the money from the sale. Or so I heard.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer

Whoever the buyer is...or....isn't, it still doesn't sound like good news to me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

See, Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo and Bombardier ATVs are just peanuts in a can for Bombardier.

They hardly make pennies off rec. vehicles compared to the other stuff they sell.

Bombardier is the largest producer of high-speed trains. It also supplies Learjets and all kinds of different stuff..

That's where the $$$ is. Too bad they are losing their heritage. Bombardier came to life with the Ski-doo :-(

Old 04-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

This sucks! Not another machine out there for my big A$$

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Nothing I read was bad for the recreation div. It sounds like the Bombardier family really wants it back. With that kind of passion good things will come. Honda??? WHY? can't see that, they have nothing to gain from Bombardier...I guess we'll see

AZsand,
I got a crisp new Hamalton in my wallet...what a ya think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2003, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider

Bombardier is losing there butts in there Snowmobile division! They have been lagging behind Arctic Cat and Polaris for years now. Up until 1984 they were the Cream of the crop, but the other Big 2 Surpassed them in a big hurry. For some reason they can't seem to get the power to the ground respectivley. They by far have the highest quality engines of all the manufacturers it is they are just lacking in getting the right Chassis combo and drive train componenets. Also there motors are a little lacking in horsepower per cu. In. Plus there stuff is on average about $1000.0 $1500.00 more than other brands.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Here is the ling that a friend sent me. It is about Bombardier's trouble.

http://www.atwonline.com/indexfull.cfm?newsid=2920

Old 04-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry "LINK". I hate it when the key's move around on me.

Old 04-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardier is losing there butts in there Snowmobile division
Done a lot of sledding in your time Bajaboy? Didn't think so. Get your facts straight before you say things that ensure you look like a dumbass.

Imbach is right on the money with his statement. Honda was rumoured to be looking at the purchase but it's likely not going to happen.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Imback
Bombardier has put their Recreational division up for sale hoping to be able to finance and restructure their aerospace division with this sale.The aerospace division has been in deep financial troubles ever since the attacks of 9/11, they are in fact sacrificing the only profitable division of the company right now to save one that has been losing money for quite a while...
Imback is totaly right ...this is the true story

Quick Reply: bombardier is in trouble