CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

bombardier is in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bombardier is in trouble

bombardier recreational products deparment will be up for sell anyone else heard about this???

Old 04-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

I have not heard that, where did you hear it from?

I think it could be possible, but hope it is not. I am sure they dont sell near the amount of quads that yamaha and honda do.

I just would hate to see it happen, first cannondale, now bomb, shoot that would suck. Just when the atv market was getting interesting it starts to crumble.

Later
Bat

Old 04-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Range Rover

This is a portion of the press release from Bombardier, indicating the eventual buyer might be a group including the Bombardier family:

In order to help ensure the stability and continuity of this Heritage asset, members of the Bombardier family have expressed an interest in participating in the process as part of an eventual group of investors seeking to acquire the recreational products business.

In view of the family's interest, the Board has formed a committee of independent directors to supervise and monitor the divestiture process, evaluate offers or other alternatives and make recommendations to the Board. The independent committee is chaired by L. Denis Desautels, former Auditor General of Canada, and composed of Jalynn H. Bennett, André Desmarais, Jean C. Monty and James E. Perrella.

The committee will be responsible for ensuring that the best interests of the Corporation and all of its shareholders are served. The committee will also ensure that the process is conducted in a manner that maintains the full value of the business during the divestiture process.

Here is a portion of the press release from the Bombardier family:

The Bombardier family of Montreal confirmed today its interest in participating in a bid with other investors to acquire the Recreational Products group from Bombardier Inc.

The family stated it would be pleased to help Bombardier Inc. unlock the value of the Recreational Products group while contributing to the ongoing growth of this business upon which the Company was founded.

The family noted that it has had a long association with this heritage asset of Bombardier Inc. and that it enjoyed a close relationship with its employees who made a critical contribution to its success over the years. The family feels it can add value to a group's offer through industry knowledge and by ensuring stability and continuity among staff, suppliers, dealer networks and other business partners.

The family is conscious that the independent committee of Bombardier's board of directors will be examining offers from potential bidders with a view to serving the best interests of all shareholders, and it recognizes that price, bidders' financing, mode of payment and the ability to close a transaction in the near term will be significant factors in selecting an offer.

Old 04-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just seems like there wanting finacial help to keep expanding. From what I read it didnt seem like they wanted to shut the doors.

Old 04-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the Recreational business is taking too much away from thier aerospace and other holdings. They probably want to sell it off to another company that can devote all its time to the rec. products. The family will keep a lion's share of the stock, and make lots and lots of money.

Old 04-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

i would take it. I know lots of people buy there jet skis, and Snowmobiles are top freaakin notch.

Old 04-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Ariz hi lift is NOT FOR SALE but i would entertain any offers one might make !!!!! as im sure bombardier would[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I read the same release.This is the big financers talking.This is somewhat like what Cannondale went through except Bombardier is obviously in a better position and has way more of a chance of a buyer being found.If I owned a Bombardier I would start making calls and stating your case for them to keep it.Dont let these big banks or loansharks or whatever you want to call the greedy bunch ruin Bombardier!

Old 04-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardier has put their Recreational division up for sale hoping to be able to finance and restructure their aerospace division with this sale.The aerospace division has been in deep financial troubles ever since the attacks of 9/11, they are in fact sacrificing the only profitable division of the company right now to save one that has been losing money for quite a while...

Old 04-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

cannondale27 no worries to be had here, the Bombardier family will buy the recreational division and no DS owners will be let down.

Quick Reply: bombardier is in trouble