CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

modify a cdi

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003 | 01:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default modify a cdi

Accually you can capture all programs in the rwr but you have distory the cdi to do it . You take it a part then the eproms that are in it you take each one of those and copy it with a prom burner/copier (these cost about 150 for a pretty good one that does one chip at a time thought your computer) then you can take the stock box aprt and replace the stock eeproms with the ones you just copied from the RWR cdi this does work have tested it the problem is that when you crack the stock one open the you have to reseal it with silicon or epoxy. But this does work you just have to be a good computer geek.

Old 04-07-2003 | 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Default modify a cdi

I want everyone to know that my suggestions are for new DS owners who want the most for their money.
Jeffroe, my experience is that in the sand with stock bikes most add on parts don't make much of a difference. The winner of 4strokewars stock class had gearing, jetting and a filter and of course good paddles. Thats beating out alot of bikes with a variety of pipes and aftermarket goodies hanging on them. I don't discount what you say because it's been said before but it seems strange. Are you talking about top speed? How were your tire pressures? Did you try swapping bikes?
I'm just trying to steer new owners right. I've raced probably 100 different DSs at the dunes and certain bikes just run a little better but I can look at a guys tires and tell you who will win. Bring a RW stage 2 and a stock bike to a race and let me pick the tires and the gears and the stock bike will win.

Old 04-07-2003 | 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

What haulers do you use?

Old 04-07-2003 | 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

I agree with mestroid, well sort of. I have the RWR CDI and just about every "bolt on" performance mod you can do. I first had a set of Geckos and was getting beat by a bone stock DS with SS II's. I now have a set of 20" 8 paddle Haulers and it is a nite and day difference. No sense in all that power if you cant put it to the ground. The aftermarket CDI is a must though. It give you a little more RPM range for when you need it.

Old 04-07-2003 | 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

we could do this all night but the cdi is still best $$$ spent on a new bike. if you don't build a strong foundation you can bolt on all the stuff and it will still be weak. my two cents

Old 04-07-2003 | 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

What is better haulers or extremes?

Old 04-07-2003 | 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

20's or 22's?

Old 04-07-2003 | 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

Right on Jeffroe. Quads only as fast as your slowest part?? Something like that anyhow. Far as haulers. Extreemes are the same thing, but the paddles are Kevlar reinforced.

Old 04-07-2003 | 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

Have you tryed both? What do you think works better?

Old 04-08-2003 | 02:03 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default modify a cdi

I could probably get ahold of somebody that can do the prom stuff. But what were you saying he would have to do, tear open a rwr and copy it. then put it on the stock one.

Somebody said there is more that one curve in the stock one. It kinda sounds like alot of work especially if I had to buy a rwr in order to copy it. I thought it would be easy to just reprogram the stock one.

And if you have a vortex why don't you give me a deal on your old cdi(marky or anybody)?

Actually are the vortex as much as a rwr?

Quick Reply: modify a cdi