CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ATV Rider Mag kills the DS

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Rider Mag kills the DS

Its funny how you never see anyone that's actually the size a man should be complain about the size of a quad. Its always the smallish guys that seem to be intimidated by the bigger quads.

Old 04-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

Ya I hear you KevinM,I call it small dog syndrom.The smaller the dog the louder the bark!!!

Old 04-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

HeHeHeHEHe

Old 04-08-2003, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone that complains about the DS being "too big" is nothing more than a pretty ricky. Yup. Suzuki is definitely polishing someones pole because their Z400 somehow is the best quad out right now. right. I haven't lost a race yet. Raptors, z-400s, kaws, hondas... like nothing. I want the KFX700 to step up. We'll see...

Old 04-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

All this talk is getting me ready to go up to Sand Mt. this weekend.

The most common thing I hear is, "I didn't think those things could go that fast." Yep, and there are plenty more of them that can blow me away.

Makes me want to add a blue bottle to show them what they really can do.

Old 04-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hate texas/oklahoma DS's. DSmike gives out WAY to MANY SPEED SECRETS that the rest of the country does not. lol They used to be easy pickens. That is a joke that they placed it last. The real funny part is those z-400 guys. They buy those quads based on the mags and then the first time the go against a rappy or DS they get disgusted real fast.

Old 04-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

The magazines seem to have the advantage of comparison in the fact of a first time buyer.
Due to the Dealer and the sales person that would state that the quad your looking at is the best no matter what it is (to get the sale).
Try a test ride in thirity feet of the parking to decide what is the better Quad then not having all of the ones that you would like to test there. All the Dealers here have NO test area that is adequate for a comparison of handling, throttle response, torch, weight, and performance.
As for myself I know no one that has sport quads. So I looked at the Mag’s for technical data to compare then check them out what I could.
I do not rely on the Mag’s for all the truth due to they are just like T.V. and would not be in business if they bashed all there advertisers.
Especially when a new Quad hits the market. The mag’s want to make so much hype about the NEW thing that can beat every thing that is out there.

Now after having a DS and a Raptor I would not give up my DS for nothing!!!

Old 04-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

The only article about the DS I ever really paid attention to was the first Dirt Wheel test ride in 1999, the DS was on the cover. It was the first issue of DW I ever bought. After reading their review, espectially the part where smaller riders didn't like some of the controls, I knew Bombardier was selling the right quad for me. I had been aspiring to own a 400ex.

I have yet to see another DS at the area where I ride, so there are a lot of misconceptions about them. I let people ride mine whenever they ask real nice (and after I have seen them on some other quad so I know they can ride) so they can have some first hand experience, rather than having to get their info from the mags.

Old 04-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Not to beat this horse anymore... but....

many of you have read my post on "1st trip to the dunes review" I think that was what is was called....

The exact same thing happened when i beat my buddies Shee. He felt that I had the fasted DS he'd ever seen. He told me stories about how they used to laugh when watching the DS's. I thought that was an interesting comment. The only other DS out there, that I saw anyway, beat me. Of course I probably gave up 75 - 100lbs. Also running the sand sharks where as he was running haulers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I let my buddy ride the BOMB and he skirted across the top of Comp at Dumont and couldn't believe how it handled and how comfy it was. We REALLY wants to get a DS now. Mind you that he is only 5'4"/175lbs. and he was riding my monster that has a suspension set up for me. I think that people just like to make assumptions that they suck. That is until they get ripped one or two times.

Even if it's just are little secret, that's ok. People come up and talk to me all the time, about how I like my DS, how much did I pay, Where did I get the red plastic, can I get parts for it? etc, etc, etc.

I can keep a secret if you can.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATV Rider Mag kills the DS