CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

sand lake

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sand lake

I have never been to sand lake and i was wondering how it is. I am heading up there the 19, and 20 of April it should be fun is there any big hill climbs or idiot wholes out there.

Old 04-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Default sand lake

Close your eyes and picture a Walmart parking lot covered in sand and the building is the sand dune.
I went once and was very disappointed. It is sand however and you can always have fun if you have good company.

Old 04-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default sand lake

Hi Dirt Demond,
Are you camping in the campground or in the sand? Last time I was there the campground was still closed and the first com first serve concrete spots were taken. Get there early because there are not alot of tree or out of the way sand camp spots. Bring lots of water because there is only porta potties. And bring food because going back to Tillammook will take time away from your riding. I personally like sandlake only once a year at Sandfest in August. It is a huge concert, races and party with about 4000 people. Have fun. Its not as bad as the other post said. Well maybe, last time I was there in Feb somone rode through our campsite and sprayed mud it had just rained on all our stuff and he kept doing it. So my guy friends grabbed the guy off the quad after he kept doing it 6 or seven times. And he was drunk and on something and pulled out a knife so someone managed to take the knife from his hand. This guy was so out of it that all my friends could hold him down. After awhile some of his friends came to look for him and we gave him to them. One of my friends chained up his quad to a tree and said he could come back and get it in the morning. So we finally all got some sleep and to this day we still joke about the freak that drove through our camp site. I actually have some pic of them holding him down its kind of funny now. Maybe i'll post them. Someone might actually know him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yamahagirl

Old 04-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Range Rover
Default sand lake

It is the roufest Sand I have ever rode on. It takes about an hour to cover all of it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default sand lake

sandfest is in winchester bay, and i seem to remember the number of people at 45,000 but i got to busy watching hooters to really count people there is a lot and i know there is some real parties at night but i stay with the kids, but another 10 years and i'll be back in the game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2003, 03:34 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default sand lake

No "BIG" Hills to speak of, and you had better think about investing in a Kidney Belt, if you plan on riding for more than a day. I have stated in some of my other posts, that there is "NOT one Inch of SMOOTH Sand to be found in the whole place" It will take Less than a half of a day to cover the entire area.

Do yourself a favor and do a little more traveling to Florence or Winchester Bay.

Old 04-09-2003, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Default sand lake

Amen!

Old 04-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default sand lake

well thanx yamahagirl i have been riding since about 7 or 8 and i love florence and winchester bay. there are talks in my riding group that we might be going to glamis for memorial day that will be a blast. and i would love to take a look at those guys holding that idiot down.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Range Rover
Default sand lake

I would have to agree with MarkyNark. BTW I downloaded the satellite picture and put it in my PDA. Very handy for giving directions to newcomers. Sandlake is about 900 acres, so it's not exactly tiny, and the bowls are a lot of fun. If you can't have fun at Sandlake, you aren't trying very hard. I admit that the sand is a little rough if it has rained lately, but the DS handles it nicely. I will probably be down there later this month after I finish my new trailer.

Old 04-09-2003, 02:29 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default sand lake

Calling Sand Lake "a little rough" is like calling the Grand Canyon "a little hole".

In comparison, Sand Lake is SMALL compared to Florence or Coos Bay, and there isn't one Hill there that can compare to the Hills at Winchester Bay.

Sand Lake is good for a one day outing, but if you want to make a week or a weekend trip, you would be better off to travel a little more South.

Quick Reply: sand lake