CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone run a DS VS. a V-force

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone run a DS VS. a V-force

I am trying to figure out what to get for a second quad. Just wondering how the V-force holds up against the DS 650 in terms of speed???

Old 04-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

with stock tires I lost on Comp hill (no Paddles yet), but beat 2 of them pretty badly on the flat beach.

Old 04-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Oh Yeah! I was on the V-force [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

The V-force would be a good quad for a rider that likes to cruise or someone that prefers not to shift.

We had a v-force w/ paddles(160lb rider), a stock DS w/ paddles(200lb rider) a z-400 w/ paddles(165lb rider) and my DS w/ Hole shots(and my fat a$$). In the dunes I won every race (flat ground and hills) the stock DS was second and the v-force then the z-400.

The V-force was impressive, but not for me! I rode it for an hour or two and prayed for my DS back. We all took turns on all the bikes. Everyone prefered the DS except the v-force owners wife.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

my wife raced the piped and geared ds against some it really wasn't close, but she is putting it to a lot of machines. they look fun but i didn't see where they out do a ds or a good running raptor. well i'm sure the aftermarket will change how they perform so don't let a few early races decide anything for you

Old 04-09-2003, 03:21 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hinglbyds
The V-force would be a good quad for a rider that likes to cruise or someone that prefers not to shift.
Actually, it has nothing to do with preference. The KFX700 doesn't come with the opption of a Manual or a Auto Trany, so you don't have a choice. I bought my 700 because I wanted the performance of the motor and the great handleing, not because it is an Auto.

Old 04-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

It is ALL personal preference. I was going to get a DS till I saw the KFX 700. I LIKE the CVT. Very adjustable. I like the shaft drive as I trail ride and prefer the reliability over a chain. So I loose a hp or 2 big deal.

They are both good bikes. All the liitle guys that flap about kicking this guys a$$ or that guys a$$ usually have a mouth that goes faster than there machine!!!

Old 04-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have nothing negative to say about the v-force. IT works fine for the riding I do. Dunes and trails. IT has the power and speed I want...actually more than I expected. Anyone can dump a bunch of money into a quad, but how well can you ride it....there's the question...(Not meant for any specific person)

Old 04-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: RPM
Originally posted by: hinglbyds
Actually, it has nothing to do with preference. The KFX700 doesn't come with the opption of a Manual or a Auto Trany, so you don't have a choice. I bought my 700 because I wanted the performance of the motor and the great handleing, not because it is an Auto.
It kind of seems that things got a little mixed up. I believe that hinglbyds was saying that the v force would make a good choice for someone who wants the convenience of an auto, but still wants a powerful cruising machine. That does not mean to say that all owners must want it because of the auto tranny. And we know that the v force has a lot of power, imagine what it could do with a different drive system!

Old 04-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

The v-Force sucks a**.

Quick Reply: Anyone run a DS VS. a V-force