CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sam Coe's 720 kit, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sam Coe's 720 kit, Anyone?

I'm really considering this kit. Anyone here has one? How reliable is it? Is it fast? How does it cool down? Does it run hotter?

I can't seem to talk to anyone with technical info on this subject with Sam Coe. Also I heard after you get your cylinder back you need it o-ringed. Where the heck can I get that done? Not sure if any shops around here can do the task.

Any input would be greatly appriciated.

Old 04-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

think about woods or pami or gary at tvi, other places to consider.

Old 04-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Majorecho and AngryBajaBoy have recently installed the kit.

AZSand had the kit before it blew up and decided to go with the Pami kit.

I would only consider the kit if you have some time to take on it to make sure everything is perfect and you are very comfortable with building engines.

Other options:
680 (102mm bore on stock jug and re-niked) Get the 703 by stroking it too.
720 (105.5mm bore on new Pami jug) Add the stroke to get a 760.

If you are trying to save money go with the bore only and don't stroke it at all. Once you have the larger bore, the head work will really add a lot (need to be able to flow more.)

Old 04-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hey duneme can you get a 105 cylinder from pami that you don't have to stroke?

Old 04-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yes to the Pami 105mm cylinder, but unfortunatley you have to bore your case from what I understand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well i was excited for a little while.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

I've looked into the Pami option. It sounds great and all, but shipping costs plus the Euro dollars is worth more than ours. SO if it's 200 on thier web site it's more like 240.00 in US Dollars. Also when international shipping is used, you get a bill later from the carrier charing you some sort of tax. Economically wise, it's not the best bang for the buck. It does seem like the sure bet, but it's just so damn complicated. Also the rates change everyday. Would suck if your short 2 bucks but gotta re-transfer 2 bucks and it's about 40 dollars to send money to Germany.

Ron Wood Stage III is all about top end. I don't want that. I live on the East Coast and we don't have many dunes. If you see 5th gear it's very unlikely your in that gear for more than 30 seconds. I ride a lot of MX track too on my DS, yes it's track worthy Despite what Alan Knowles said in the latest ATV Rider "it should be banned from the track".

I just want the bigger bore. Jug and piston. Not planning to stroke or split cases. Major Echo said he is very happy with his but again I remember reading he had to do some stuff to keep peace of mind of clearance.

TVI is damn expensive. They are asking too much for everything they offer in my book.

Angry has stated that his DS runs like a Raped Ape. That is exactly what I want. I'll do the head work down the road with slightly bigger vavles, port job, cams (which won't remove anything from the bottom, but add to top), and vavle springs.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good to see you over here entomber - good luck on the big bore!

Old 04-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think you can go with the 105.5 without case work. I think the casework is only needed if you stroke it too.

Are you excited again Sandman? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Entomber: Your right about the exchange rate right now. I have a few parts from prior mods and I think when I mention price people think, I could get it from Pami for not much more. You have to look at apples to apples. What would it cost to get it to your door step. You definitely want Gottfried to declare everything. I have received a bill from UPS for Teriffs because something was shipped but not declared - think it was the gasket sealant. They called and asked me for a value on it and I think I said $5. They sent me a bill for like .75 + $5 for a service charge. Nice of Gottfried to include it when he didn't charge me for it but, I hate paying service fees. You shouldn't have to worry about a couple bucks. I think Gottfried understands these things and haven't noticed him to worry about a couple bucks over a descent order.

I'll send Gottfried an e-mail on the 105.5 and let you know what I hear.

Old 04-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

I have nothing against PAMI. I was supposed to buy a head from them and piston and cams.. but it was soo much money and at the time I wanted a second quad so when my DS is down I have something to ride (hence the Raptor). However seems like Sam Coe's kit is affordable and right up my alley. You still have to put the parts together and to use a PAMI piston you need them to modify the head. Again I've looked into great detail at my PAMI options but it all comes down to becoming a headache.

Maybe I should hang tight and see what Trinity offers. I just want a nice reliable bigger bore. Another thing can stock rod hold up to high revs of a bigger piston? The rod does look beefy.

Hey Hightower, after hearing you an Major telling me I should get on here I decided to finally jump on. MUCH more responses here than EG... but EG will always be my home.