CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How do I jet dual 39's

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I jet dual 39's

Guys I can jet the crap out of a lectron, a tm45, and a stock carb, just never jetted dual 39's. How do I do it.

GlamisDS650, what jets and needles are you running?

Old 04-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

I'm running the 160 for the main, not sure what needle. i'll check and let you know.also are you running one or two accel pumps? on my carbs i'm only running one.

Old 04-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to try and not run an accel pump at all. We were having troubles getting the carbs to clear the pipe with the accel pump on. We took it off and are going to try running them that way.

Anyway, is jetting them just as simple as changing the main jet. Do you have to mess with the needle at all.

Old 04-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

changing main jet is easy, tuning the carb is not.you have alot of variables. airjets,etc..
the best guide to get the tuning close is here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

p.s. my head is being sent in, so i'm waiting until it returns to fully dial mine in.

Old 04-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

oh, I also have a keihin manual with some useful info. I'll scan it for you. good luck

found the manual online here

Old 04-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

KM, why are you looking here?
I thought AZSAND had all the answers![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I had to increase my slow jet size to get it to idle properly and then also ended up raising the needle too.
If you want I am tearing my bike apart again and I can check all jets for you when I get the carbs off. Probably tomorrow.

By the way, I blew the engine again, so I went out and bought another DS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

I hope that he does have all the answers cause that looks confussing.

The funny thing is we took the carbs apart that came off the street bike put them right on to my bike and it starts and idles perfect!!!!!!!
I'm not sure what kind of tuning is going to have to be done but I thought it sounded good. I just don't want to run it lean.

Al, if you get a chance to get that info that'd be great, I'll post tommorow night about the tuning, I'll get to ride it tommorow so I'll know more. Sorry to hear about your bike, what's in store for the new one?

Glamis, thanks for the info, I may have some questions when I get started........ Also, will you let me catch up already. I hope you don't go big bore on me anytime soon......

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

vegas, what happened to the pig this time?

Old 04-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Range Rover

Hey Sandpig,
Don' feel too bad. Last week when the bike was crapping out, found out I had a hole in the piston.
Harry down at Trinity jetted those Fcr carbs at 142, way way to lean.
I'm DONE, going to invest my money in a bicycle....

Old 04-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Ok I see how to tune the needle, I checked the jets that are in there and they are 160's. So my jets seem to be ok, what does the needle do, and how will I know which way to adjust it? Is there anything else that I need to tune. I'm looking at the carbs now and don't see anything. What do I do turn the needle left or right a couple turns and call it good?

I wish Jeff had inet access in Hawaii........

Quick Reply: How do I jet dual 39's