CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Best DS slip-on?? Give me your views.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best DS slip-on?? Give me your views.

Amen we call that drunk on phonic's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

sound cops were working at florence last sunday. the ds is still stock fortunately [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] but we had to sneak a stock raptor silencer out and do a quick change out in the sand to get one of the bikes in.

i've been wondering which slip on to go with. sounds like mbrp is the way to go.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

The MBRP is very nice. It has excellent fit & finish, good price, outstanding customer service, good power, and it's quiet. I'm extremely satisfied with mine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Dont get the FMF. I have it, it produces great power but its sits a 102DB and 99 with the quiet incert. Go with MBRP..

Old 04-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

i'd just be careful with the mbrp, the mount on mine is broken right now, i'm talking with bob at the moment to see if i can get this fixed or something, i'll let u all know what happends, but he seems like hes gunna make everything right

Old 04-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AZSAND, the only interchangable header ive ever seen is MBRP, the other companies sell different setups, ie there slip on and full system muffler has a different connection. I called all the companies when i was trying to get a header to work with my Yosh, I just made a fab connection with a graydon in the end, Now i would have liked to try the MBRP header with the yosh pipe, i went with Yosh for a couple reasons.....first and FOREMOST, looks real nice in the garage next to the old GSXR750 with the same yosh can, Yosh has YEARS of pro race experiance...AMA, many others, With the spark arrestor out the Yosh is a straight through full race style pipe, (if the MBRP really has a baffle, i would have nothing to do with it). And the Yosh is sound adjustable and rebuildable, which youll see why that comes in handy someday.......... Its nice to be able to get in there.. one example is if you dent it, you can open it up and fix it from the inside......... ANd the thing sounds Awsome, with the spark arrestor out and the full race end piece WOT is unbeatable...... no noise restrections in TX, they didnt mess with me at GLAMIS or Winchestor Bay either, but it was off days and rainy up in OR.
Jetjock16

Old 04-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

They are interchange able because I have a BG header with a Graydon canister, the BG and Graydon header also fit on the MBRP and Alba.

Old 04-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

the graydon header is not the same connection as stock, if the MBRP is the same as stock then they wont fit together without pipe fab'in, sorry. Try not to post statements like that unless your sure cause people might order something like a MBRP slip on and a graydon header and then find out they dont fit up, as they wont, the people will be disappointed and SOL, so try to keep this one factual, kay?
Jetjock16

Old 04-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jetjock, I know that this is a fact because we interchanged them last weekend. Don't tell me what is fact and not fact when I did it myself just a few days ago.

I had the stock header connected to my graydon exhaust, my wife has the stock header on her MBRP exhaust, I took the header from a BG full system and put it on my graydon canister, PERFECT fit. Therefore the BG header and graydon header fits the same as the stock header. The Alba, Graydon, and BG header will work with any combination period.......

Old 04-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

jETJOCK IF YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THAT WOULD BE ONE THING IF YOU WISH ILL SEND YOU SOME PICS OF A MBRP ON A GRAYDON HEADER I HAVE 1 OR HAVE HAD EVERY PIPE I SPOKE OF AND YET YOU KNOW MORE OF THEM THAN I DO SO I SALUTE YOUR KNOWLEDGE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] JUST NEXT TIME DO YOUR HOME WORK BEFORE YOU SPEAK BECAUSE WHAT YOU SPEAK OF IS THE GRAYDON FULL SYSTEM NEW DESIGN WILL NOT INTERCHANGE BUT THE GRAYDON SLIP ON WILL. IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE ILL GIVE YOU SOME ODDS !!!!

ps:BFORE YOU KEEP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH TAKE A LOOK AT ANY OF THE PICKS POSTED OF MY MID SIZE DS @ FSW THATS A GRAYDON HEAD PIPE {OLD SERISE} ON THER AND A MBRP SLIP ON [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Best DS slip-on?? Give me your views.