CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the help.

Hey all, just wanted to send a quick message to say thanx. I've been reading this forum for quit a while now, and you all have helped me make up my mind. I was ready to buy a Z400 a while back, when I decided to stop in a Bombadier store. Had never seen em untill then. Did some searching and found this forum. Man you guys have answered all the questions I had. I am picking up my new Baja on Saturday morning and just cant wait to join the enthusiasm you guys share.

I know you all have had this topic before, but it kind of had mixed opinions. I have always broken in my sports cars hard and they have always ran very well. However, how should I break in this machine? I know it is the most important time for the bike, so i want to do it right.

Thanks again for all the input guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Kenny

Old 04-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

congrats on the new toy! and welcome to the forum.
I think your break in proceedure (hard that is) is the only way to go. There are many opinions here however and yours is the only one that counts. Check out this link break in tips
good luck

Old 04-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

first off, Welcome to the forum.

I was just like you about a year and a half ago, I stumbled on to this site, and have been THANKFUL ever since. I have saved $$$$$ and ALot of time also. I have also made many VERY good friends,and look forward to talking with them (almost everyday) and disscussing the sport/hobby we love so much.

I have always believed in a good norma break in period, but also believe it is vital to "periodically" Run the engeine very hard, but only for a few minutes, then let it rest for a half hour, and do it all over again, till you reach about 10-15 hrs, than change the oil(and filter). For the next 25 hours you can run it hard for longer periods, and then after those 25 hrs are over, its time for a valve clearance check, and then SOME MODS!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 04-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Good info Majorecho. The same theory ive always had, but never found anything to back it. Thanks for the link.

Biggerisbetter, it's kind of funny you talk about looking forward to talking with the members. I've been reading this site for probably about 4+ months now, and look forward to reading all the posts. It's most always the first thing I check, even before email. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

we broke ours in hard and they run great, more the machine i think than the break in though. just change that oil at the first 10 hours there is some stuff in there you will want to get out of the engine. enjoy the machine and congrats, you will be happy.