CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

clicking noise 400 outlander

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clicking noise 400 outlander

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a clicking noise coming from underneath their quad. I believe it is a suspension problem, any ideas?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is a bulletin out for it, ask your dealer. They take apart the section were the trailing arms connect to the frame, repack with more grease. I have heard this fixes it. I havent heard the clicking yet on my '04.

Old 04-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

Yea I can hear a clicking but sounds like drivetrain?? It seems to only happen on a downhill when your on & off the gas. Any parts fische's on internet for Bomys Outlanders, I'd like to disconnect the rear stabilizer, should ride awesome then!!!!

Old 04-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Beaubob,Sxr6,
The reason I thought it was suspension was because I have heard it sometimes when I have got on the machine.But I have also heard what Sxr6 was saying about a noise when you are going downhill and you throttle on and off.I believe I might have two seperate problems,I guess its dealer time. As for any parts schematics available on the net I dont believe there is,you cant even get a manual for this thing yet.But you never know on the internet,if anyone comes accross any info on the net please post it....Thanks guys...cheers

Old 04-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Mountainman610: I scanned the Service Bulletin rear noise fix into Adobe PDF and another reader posted it here: http://atving.us/outlandertorsionfix.pdf

It's kind of involved and the dealer definitely will perform this for free.

Cheers!

Old 04-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Endoman, thanks for the bulletin. I now officially have the clicking noise, it took about 15 miles. I told my dealer about that bulletin when I bought it. He said he knew nothing about it. I will try to hand him your pdf. That document looks like it is just an email or a memo. Is there somewhere the dealer goes (website?) to get official Bombardier service bulletins, in case he questions the pdf? Anybody know how long it takes to perform the fix? Has anyone had it done yet, and did it completely fix the issue? I finally got to put about 25 miles on my Outlander today. This is a great quad! I hit everything from wooded trails, pretty deep mud, to sand dunes. The clicking isn’t too bad, but I am going to try to get them to follow the bulletin. Going for a long ride later this week. It does seem to make a lot of noises though, other than the clicking.

'04 Outlander-Green
2.5ci Warn

Old 04-14-2003, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Endoman,really appreciate the reply....double cheers!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2003, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Endoman,I tried to find that thread and google came up with nothing.Is it possible for you to e-mail me that post? It would be much appreciated.....MM

Old 04-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry Endoman,forgot to give you my e-mail....mountainman610@msn.com

Old 04-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer

Hello All:
I developed the torsion bar clicking noise after my first ride. It's extremely noticeable if you rock the quad side to side, like it clicks "in" and "out" as you rock it side to side. I found an early release of the Outlander on the showroom floor making this noise last January and the dealer didn't know what it was at that time. I ended up buying from another dealer that didn't have the noise on the display model.

I've added over 10 hours of hard riding and it hasn't come back (hopefully!). Note this memo was issued in 12/2002 and units are still coming out of the factory with "dry splines". I think it takes the dealer about 1.5 - 2.0 hours for this fix and if they contact Bombardier tech support, they would be faxed this exact memo. I had to educate my dealer about the existance of this fix from reading this forum and other ATV forums.

Expect this to be a "free" fix. As it should since we all have a 36 month warranty and this is a known issue!

Mountainman610: I just sent the email of the PDF file.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: clicking noise 400 outlander