CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

GPS aux 12v setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS aux 12v setup

How is it working out standing the DS up like that in the garage? Have any oil/gas leaks? Does it smoke at all when you first start it up, (like oil seeping by the rings while standing at that angle).

Old 11-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

numnek, is that the mbrp exhaust on your ds?

if so, you might want to consider changing it. it has been dyno proven to restrict hp in most applications.

it was the first pipe i had on my ds, and i thought it was ok (but had never ridden a piped ds before...so the prolly 1 hp gain i got felt fine) until i tried the WB and HMF pipes, then i fealt true power.

the reason is, even with the "race" series exhaust, all it is, is a big can with a TINY (were talking like pinky sized hole) at the front of the can....

not to mention they are LOUD! lol

if its not the mbrp then disregard everything i just said.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: numnek
How is it working out standing the DS up like that in the garage? Have any oil/gas leaks? Does it smoke at all when you first start it up, (like oil seeping by the rings while standing at that angle).

It was a chore to musle that thig around, I had to do it that way because I didnt have much room with the LT 250 in the garage as well, I have since sold the LT so now I dont stand it up anymore. Besides, I have since added a AC Racing 6 pac rack, so I cant stand it up even if i wanted to.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: R00ST

if so, you might want to consider changing it. it has been dyno proven to restrict hp in most applications.

it was the first pipe i had on my ds, and i thought it was ok (but had never ridden a piped ds before...so the prolly 1 hp gain i got felt fine) until i tried the WB and HMF pipes, then i fealt true power.

the reason is, even with the "race" series exhaust, all it is, is a big can with a TINY (were talking like pinky sized hole) at the front of the can....

I am glad you brought that up cause i am very close to getting the Big Gun complete system and change the CDI, what is your opinion on the Big Gun compared to HMF?

Old 11-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

brokedown, whoever offroad outlaw is, tell him some truck nerd on the internet likes his toy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yours looks pretty nice as well by the way. (are the rims pc'd or teflon ? or...?)

they look nice, ive always been a big fan of black rims on trucks.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Roost! I get a lot of compliments on my rims, they are powder coated, and I am looking for Black rims for the DS, ITP has a forged rim in black that is sweet, but they dont provide a hole pattern for the DS, if you have a source for black rims for the DS please let me know.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I have the 12 Volt cord for my Cobra GPS 500. I've never hooked hook up that cord yet - But hooking it up to the ignition switch is a good idea. If I did hook it up to my ATV power, I'd probably keep a set of AA's in it just in case something ever happened and I could still walk out, or find my way back to my quad. I did find an awesome deal at Costco for thier Kirkland brand multipack batteries, enough to last all year! They were less than $10 for a pack of 48! Less than $0.50 per day! I've run Duracell, and I cant tell any difference between the two.

Thats pretty insignificant when compared to race gas and all the other stuff - But, then again, 50 cents is 50 cents!

Also, for those that are looking at GPS's, find one that can take some decent G shock - Jumps can momentarily kill many of the GPS units out there - My brother has that problem with his. Waterproofing is also a good idea.

My GPS

Old 11-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

being into everything electronic and rc cars...i go through a LOT of batteries...mainly AA's

i have found to not buy the generic brand batts, and that rayovacs seem to be the best deal (sometimes lasting longer than E2's and coppertops) with great prices.

that, and i have my own little manufacturing facility for recharging AA NIMH cells lol (huge trays of them...but once they start getting old they only hold about 300-400 mah )

i have found the best deal is on ebay. they sell gross packs of basically any brand of batts for about 40 bucks shipped. i got 144 duracells, expiration 2011 for 41 shipped to my door [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

my gps sucks down the AAA's like none other though.... maybei ll have to fork over more cash for backups for it on ebay.

anway enough about batteries lol

jmac PC'd his ds rims black, and i have always been in love with his setup (i love the black/orange with the red annodizing on the elka shocks peaking through [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

once i get my new 05 ds i plan to PC the front bumper/arms and rims. hopefully they can do it all for about 100 (if i get it blasted myself)

Old 11-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: R00ST

It is a mbrp slip-on. Everyone tells me about the dyno #'s and how bad it is (even the guy at St. Anthony's who I smoked up Choke Cherry) but my friend has the same quad, everything the same except he runs a HMF and I can take him any way we
want to race. If we switch rides he beats me. If I do more engine work I will likely switch to something else. I'm not sure why
it runs so good, mostof my riding is above 8500ft up to around 11000ft. Mods tend to be a little different at high altitude. I've never ridden this thing below 4500ft.

Old 11-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

I will definetly consider the HMF, who has the best pricing?

Quick Reply: GPS aux 12v setup