CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

kfx 400 jumping

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 01:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx 400 jumping

was at the dunes today and this kfx rolls up and goes that thing is big (the ds) and i tell him no it's hugh, so he wants to know how fast he is next to one of them or a raptor, so i say ok but i want him to race my son first with his honda so he agrees and i was happy with the honda machine for machine it was pulling it. well he came back for his run, he didn't want a second dose but was nice so he went out riding with my family, so we go do some jumping and some wheeling, well the sound cops were at comp hill so we went to do some more jumping, well there was this steep hill and it would launch you straight up well this guys quad is on it's third trip it looked brand new, well the guy goes up maybe 5 feet and lands back heavy on the right tire didn't seem like much, so he rode off and all seemed good. we get back to the parking lot and his whole brake housing is shattered, and the quad is leaning to the right, couldn't believe it couldn't take more of a hit than that, i think the frame bent. well glad i didn't hold out for one of those i wasn't impessed at all

Old 04-21-2003, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx 400 jumping

I know I've had second thoughts, I was leaning towards a Z400 or a KFX until watching them in action. I think the media has given them a lot of hipe and is most likely being paid to do it. For awhile there every article in all the mags were praising these as the best thing out there. I do think that they are a good machine, but not to the point of all the talk. Now it seems the Kawi 700 is the new kid to be talked about, again a nice bike but too much hipe!
Maybe what the media is hoping for is to get Honda to do something by taking away all there sales.

I see the 2004 DS has a few minor changes that acording to the press has been changed to appeal to the trail and Moto riders by lighing it up but a whole 20lbs and making it 1/2" shorter. The 2000 I have seems to be a preety good unit that holds it own to any other stock 4 stroker out there just the way it is. I do wish it had a reverse![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]