CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Flame thrower?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flame thrower>

I was just wondering if you could make flames shoot out your exhaust like the used to do with cars back in the old days. I know you could if you put a spark plug somewhere near the end of the exhaust has anyone tried it on a ds. Would make for some nice pictures.

Old 04-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flame thrower?

Their is a WHOLE LOT more to that flame stuff than just a sparkplug in the pipe! Do you know how it works on a car or truck........

Old 04-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flame thrower?

Dont know about flames, but I zip tied flares to the back of my quad this weekend and ran up comp hill. I guess like a poor mans rocket ship. It was probably the most assanine thing I have yet to do and im sure I had people laughing at me but ohh well.

Old 04-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flame thrower?

We were laughing with you...until they fell off...THEN we were laughing at you! LOL! Should've used elec. tape!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flame thrower?

Originally posted by: DSJOBBER
Dont know about flames, but I zip tied flares to the back of my quad this weekend and ran up comp hill. I guess like a poor mans rocket ship. It was probably the most assanine thing I have yet to do and im sure I had people laughing at me but ohh well.
HAHAHA, thats awesome I gotta try that, lol

Old 04-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Flame thrower?

this is how the whole flame thrower deal is supposed to work, (in a single cylinder bike the motor would just die if the spark was cut for this i think though) in a multi cylinder car you would cut the spark to a couple cylinders to get fuel goin down the exhaust pipe OR you could inject a little gas into the tail pipe, then---- when it gets to the end of the pipe it hits the sparkin spark plug and there u go, flamin A$$ on demand, i dunno though, it might just ignite in the hot tail pipe and give you one hell of a backfire, hey it might even blow off the cap of yer muffler, hhhmmmm maybe try it with an old exhaust pipe first.... so inject fuel and switch spark to the tailpipe plug, hmmm you first.....lates josh.....

Old 04-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flame thrower?

Actually one flare fell off and my exhaust blew the other one out.

Old 04-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Flame thrower?

I think they use propane, but i dont know how it's done.

Old 04-22-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Flame thrower?

you should and supposed to use a separate coil to fire the muffler spark plug. So you shouldn't lose performance and you have to hook that up to a switch so it only does it when you want it to. But I don't remember how they gewt the extra fuel in the exhaust.

Old 04-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Flame thrower?

I can make flames shoot out my exhaust without having any of that stuff y'all are talking about. As long as I don't have the super trap setup on it.

Quick Reply: Flame thrower?