CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got my Lectron... HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Lectron... HELP!!!!!!!!

Okay I think I got myself into good trouble here. I bought a used Lectron 44 of a former DSer. He told me repeatedly he had it set up for Alchhol and I requested to him many times to please set it back up to run conventional gas. Well I got it in yesterday and tearing into I couldn't find the place where to replace the main jet. So I called Fast By Gast and they were supposed to fax me some information but never did. He mentioned if I had two hoses coming out of the bowl, that one had to be plugged up for pump gas. Also I can't find where to install the jet. He also mention the needle really isn't a needle, it more like a metering tool.

Last but not least.... do I need some sort of aftermarket cable to run this with my thumb throttle?

Any info would be GREATLY appriciated.

Old 04-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Ill let MRhp do the tuning but i belive km said the stock cable was not long enough to open the slide so he had to go twist???GOOD LUCK !!!!

Old 04-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

There is a mod that can be done to the stock thumb throttle to make it work but there is also a aftermarket throttle that will work good it is billet and if you do a search under lectron you will find out the name. I can't remember it off the top of my head. I have that same carb and I love it, They take a little tinkering with to get set up but once you do they are great.

Old 04-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Terry cable makes the throttle set up for the ds with a lectron.

Old 04-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

also lots of info @ www.lectronfuelsystems.com
and www.fastbygast.com
to explain fucntion and show diagrams

Old 04-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Well I can't seem to find the diagrams there Hightower.

As far as using stock thumb throttle please do tell me. I heard you have to grind away at some part of the housing but I'm not sure where. Also, the guy who owned it said he got it to work with stock cable.....I know Terry Cable makes one for it. I called them they said they have it. When I called again they said they don't have one and they would need my stocker to make one. I need some sort of diagram. I'm lost without one.

Old 04-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mr HP you can help me with my dual 40's?

Old 04-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

The power jet is located on the top of the carb underneath the screw, just behind the slide. Unscrew the screw and you'll see the jet sitting inside, unscrew the jet and change. The is for top end, all other adjustments are by turning the needle. Turn to the right to richen and to the left to lean.

As far as the dual tubes go that is for alky, gas only needs one, I've never seen the alky set up so I can't tell you how to plug it but that is what needs to be done, or maybe you can just drop a couple power jet sizes and call it good. You may need a new needle as well. Contact Kevin he knows these carbs very well.

You're stock cable may work, it's the throttle housing that doesn't. The housing limits the carb pull and will not open the carb all the way.

Rockey modified his throttle but as soon as sand got in it it was ruined. You'll have to get a twist or new thumb throttle, Twist-motion pro, thumb-terry cable.