CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Played hooky from work today... went to the dunes:)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Played hooky from work today... went to the dunes:)

I couldn't wait any longer, had to get out and ride my new DS. I went to work today and it was slow so I took off and went to Florence to break in my new bike. This being my first Bomb I have some questions. It seemed to require some muscle over rough ground. Crossing deep truck tracks would make the bars shake and push it off line. I haven't messed with the shocks yet but I think they may be set too stiff for me. I'll soften them up before this weekend. It also had some "head shake" over the rough stuff, may also be the springs??.. OK, now for the good stuff... THIS BIKE ROCKS! Power, power, and more power! Can't say enough about the engine and trans. I know I made a great choice on the Bomb and can't be happier.

Old 05-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

cool, glad to hear you had fun. we'll be getting into florence on friday, i can't say that the dunes don't work me over a little on my ds. did you get paddles?

Old 05-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can start by setting the race sag everyone talks about, like 20% of the travel of the shock should be sag, but untill you really start to ride it hard you can get away with setting the shocks really plush, (un-preloaded) for a much better ride, keep them as loose as you can untill you start bottoming them out as you get more aggressive and them start tighting them up, they really can take alot of the bumps out if they are set fairly soft.
Jetjock16

Old 05-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Sandman430: Nope no paddles yet... Did *ok* on the knobbies but I will order some paddles soon. We will be out there sat and sun. I planned on parking at Goosepasture and riding over to meet you guys. I'm sure you guys are planning to do dune fest as well...?? They have something on the schedule called a "Banshee Bash". Not really sure what that is but it sure sounds fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] As a matter of fact I think that I would like to pick the Banshee....