CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Another DAMN Tornado :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another DAMN Tornado :(

OKC (moore,ok) has suffered another devestating TORNADO!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] These poor people in the SAME nieborhoods have Just rebiult thier Neiborhoods from a F5 tornado on MAY 3rd 1999. Over 3500 homes destroyed in that tornado!, Now today 1500 homes destroyed,and over 300 of them blow clean off their foundations.

On a brighter note, their hasn't been a single death reported in this tornado(thank god)

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by these tornados,and the tornados of the past couple weeks in MO,and KS.

Bigger.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Do you think maybe God is subtly telling these people that they shouldn't live there? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2003, 01:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I heard about that on the news tonight and was hoping everybody was OK. I feel sorry for all those people devistated by this. I could possibly imagine losing everything I owned.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

I work for an electric co-op down here in MO, and we have been busy since sunday restoring all the power to the people served with our service. It was not a pretty sight out there guys, and I have extreme sympathy for all those who have lost their homes and even worse a family member. We just got done last night at 9pm, after working on less than 10 hours sleep since sunday, restoring power to 99% of our customers. 5 days of rebuilding power lines is alot of work, and should tell you all how bad it was out there.

I believe the death counted (last time that I heard) stopped at about 46 with still some left missing. I believe this deserves prayer.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

The weather has been freaky lately. I woke up today to 3 inches of snow, and our power going out every 30 minutes or so. They are calling for 9 inches of accumulation through saturday morning. We have not had more then about 4 inches in one storm all winter. Now in may we get a decent storm, but I was hoping to go riding this weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I hope everyone is ok down there in ok. Tornados are scary.

Bat

Old 05-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

having to deal with this wx is horrible! im from the West coast originally(where i will be moving back to when i retire!) but in the Air Force im in TX, now and will leave in other central states, dealing with this wx is just crazy! here we saw 1.5" hail last year out of one of these storms and it totalled every car out in the open on base, ripped holes threw the tops of cars etc!! Now they have wx warnings on TV and over the base speaker to get in your house and your car in the garage!! well my truck sports a lift and in order to get it in the garage i have to drain the air out of the tires!! well i do just that when those sirens are going off, im not going to loose my truck to a storm.... and these problems are nothing compared to people up in OK, KA worry about loosing there houses ! i would never live there by choice(military)........ i feel sorry for all who do, but realize there are places in the US, where these things dont happen. Personally i will live in WA state when i retire... lots of rain, but never have to worry about losing your house, familily, or car
god be with all those in need right now.
Jetjock16

Old 05-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that the tornadoes are gone here in GA we have flooding all over.

Old 05-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, what to say, my prayers go out to them as well.

That is one thing I really like about AZ, no earthquakes, tornado's, tidle waves, typhoons, hurricanes, blizzards, etc. The only thing that we have to deal with is the hot summers, but that's why I put a pool in my backyard. And we're close to the dunes to boot.

Hope everything gets better out that way.

Old 05-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

I saw the devistation from the F5 in 99. My now X father in law lived in Moore and the tornado was only 100 yards from his appartment that was right by Moore High School. It was the most amazing thing that i had ever seen. we went on a ride through the housing areas and i was waliking and i looked down and i saw a picture of a young family on christmas sitting with a 2-3 year old lil girl opening presents and to just think that they had lost such a precious picture brought me to tears. I couldnt imagine having something like that happen. I have lost alot in my life especially the last few years but I still have the stuff that counts. Ever since then I have always wanted a fire proof gun safe to put my pictures and the family movies in and such because you never know.

My heart and prayers trully go out to those affected by these types of disasters.

May God bless!!

Quick Reply: Another DAMN Tornado :(