CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

finally king shocks in the dunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally king shocks in the dunes

well i finally got to try out the kings in the sand and WOW!!! they suck up the bumps ( thanks bigger for telling me to lower tire pressure that helped) now i'm not joe air time by any means but i do like to jump and in the past after enough jump-duning my wrist and knee's would start to bother me ( getting old sucks) but no sh*t i had no stiffness at all ( don't say it i know what you'r thinking ) click on my camera icon there are a couple of jumps there, and the landings are hard to put into words, but smooth comes to mind and even off center they won't punish you at all. to quote biggerisbetter they make you feel like you'r a better rider than you really are!! that kinda hits it right on the head thanks man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] they are pricey and you do have to buy new Aarms and longer swing arm but now given the choice between tons of motor mods (can't race all the time?) and buying this kind of suspension i think i know where i would spend it.

Old 05-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jeff,

It was great meeting you and Logan(you guys otta see this kid ride,wow!)

Thanks for letting me take you Quad for a few jumps! It really feels totally different from my stock suspension, I was bottoming out my DS on the same jumps, but when I jumped your DS, I scared myself a little cause it was handling the jumps MUCH better,and I felt I could go over my abilities in jumping and started feeling like Super-man! LOL.

Anyway, great quad, and we'll see you and Logan out thier nextime.

Bigger.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

the smell of fresh alky burning in the sand is fresh and yes biggers ds hauls ***!! i feel sorry for the guys that kept on wanting to race him and got smoked while his brother watched and just smiled knowing what the outcome was going to be befor the race even started[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i envy you guys that live close to the sand get to ride as much as you do, oh well i guess i'll just hurry up and wait til the next time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

jeffroe, where did you get them rims?

Old 05-13-2003, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

brad there called magnum series haulers w/buff fronts. 23" aluminium and they really dig. i've seen them in rocky mountain. i got mine just going thru the mags and calling every tire place on the map to find the best deal.good luck.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JEFROE, brad may or may not of meant the re-inforced rims you run on your mx tires.... those are the new ITP baja wheels arn't they, those are sweet!! Jefroe, ive told you before, you DS is my personal favorite of probably close to 500 DS's ive seen...That is one pretty machine!
Jetjock16

Old 05-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

those tires do dig pretty well , i think they are going to have cost me a head light, for some reason while wheeling during gear shift the quad just kept on coming back, thought about the rear break as i was grapping the sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] with our sand i think i'll want the 9 paddle lost some out of the hole but once they got going it worked well.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the compliment jetjock, having a body shop where i work helps in the looks dept. the ring supported rims are 190's with rings welded on from omf performance products 909-354-8599 about $450.00 rims only. brad i would sell mine with the razors if you'r interested. pm me.

Old 05-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

the new itp baja wheels have rolled re-inforced rings, look very similar to Jefroe's check
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/336248.cfm

there what im going to be buying next to replace all my bent rims i think they are about $100 a piece and they due make them in a 10" ds bolt pattern

Old 05-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

JEFFROE, that is on nice looking machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It looks taller, did the Kings raise it up ? How is it in the turns with it up higher?

Quick Reply: finally king shocks in the dunes