Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

yamoto 150 vs kazuma rfx 150

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamoto 150 vs kazuma rfx 150

which is the better bike?anyone have an opinion i know the rfx is a new bike.trying to decide between the two

Old 12-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

tbweasel,
My girlfriend decided on the RFX 150. First, she wanted reverse, which the Yamoto does not have. Second, I liked the dual a-arm setup and the disc brakes all the way around. Those three things are what sold us on that over the Yamoto. I have no idea what the power difference would be, but I doubt it would be much considering it's about the same motor. My girlfriends RFX has not been delivered yet, we're still waiting (should be today), but I can post my feelings about it after we uncrate it and get it running. But, I still don't know much about the Yamoto, although in the Kids Quads forum, there is a big review on the Yamoto 150.

Jeff

Old 12-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks would appreciate the feedback

Old 12-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I like the kazuma RFX 150. Like was posted the reverse is a great option! Also the double A-Arm front suspension, the whole brake system, and the over all size of the unit is bigger. I will tell everyone like I said before all of the units, well 90% of the 150's from Kazuma come with the chains to tight. Who ever gets one please check it out. 1st nice jump, bump or log you will crack the transmission!!!!!! I seen it happen a few times. It will get warranted but who wants to change a motor! But over all and for the price you would have to be crazy to pick the Yamoto over the RFX at this time. I will say Yamoto is picking thinks up. There new 50 is out running the 70's. This is what I have heard. Like I said Yamoto is coming up and will have a 150 out next year. Bigger and better also with reverse but for now at this time I would have to pick the RFX! Not to take anything away from the Yamoto 150 because it a great and fun bike. It has power for it size and is a durable good looking ATV but if I had to pick well then it would be the RFX!
All The Best.
www.racewayatv.com

Old 12-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

tbweasel, my girlfriends RFX showed up today. I did the basic assembly (nothing major, very easy) and fired the bike up. It ran really well. We rode it for about a half hour or so. It hauled my big butt around pretty well. 6'4" and 225lbs. It fits my girlfriend much better though. It's a great bike for her. I've read the Yamoto review where they were saying that the stock shocks were pretty harsh. These seemed to be not as bad. They were pretty cushy actually. I don't know what suspension travel actually is, but it seemed to be more than they were talking about. If I had to guess, I'd guess there's a couple inches of travel there. Maybe more. All in all, I think it's a great quad for what it's being used for. My girlfriend will be riding it on trail rides. It's not a high horsepower machine, but for her, it's perfect. If you want to know anything else, just let me know.

Jeff

Old 12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffffffffffffffffff! It finally made it! HA! Ok sorry about the delay! I am happy she likes it. If you need anything let me know!

Old 12-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, my son's Kazuma RFX 150 arrived today, we ordered it last Friday, not bad at all.
This machine looks great, I can't believe I got it for that kind of money. I did the small amount of assembly required, mounted wheels, battery, etc. This weekend we'll test drive it and it goes away till Christmas. I'll post later about performance, so far so good.................

Old 12-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Test drive went excellent, my son loves the thing. I couldn't figure out how to start the damm thing.
I put a call into "Raceway" and left a message, in two minutes he calls me back with the answer. The right one I might add, put your foot on the break when starting. Yeahhh, it started right up.
I bought new oil and gear lube to change out the factory stuff. I'll post after Christmas on trail performance.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]