Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

redcat vx-200 carb

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat vx-200 carb

Does anyone know what carb comes on the redcat vx-200. I am having trouble getting mine adjusted properly. I cant tell wich screws are what on the carb.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

Dsj7795, I just checked my manuals and it did not give any indication. I will check the atv for any markings tomorrow after work but I doubt I will find anything. I haven't had any trouble with the carb other than setting the idle which is a large thumb screw on the right side of the engine. When did you get the atv and have you got a chance to try it out yet?

Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

i just got it yesterday (thurs) i put it together and it seems great. I cleaned the carb out and that seems better. My big screw on the right side of carb doesnt seem to work correct. If i move it a little one way it stalls and a little the other way it races. Although it it better after i cleaned the carb out and when it warms up it seems fine. It does not run with choke on. It will start cold with choke on but i immediately have to go to half choke and it will stay running then after it warms up a minute i can open the choke fully. It has been idling O.K. but still races a little then settles down then races... I want to get it out for a ride a run it for an hour or so and see how it is then. I will let you know.

Old 12-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Trailblazer

have you pulled the idle pin out to see if it was damaged. I don't have that problem with the idle pin but the choke is close to yours - it will start right up and then I have to go to half choke right away or really get on the gas. I would have a good look at the radiator , mine had a hole at the top - directly under one of the bolts that hold it to the mount and it was the exact diameter of the bolt.

Old 12-17-2005, 06:44 AM
Trailblazer

I forgot to ask what paperwork did you get at delivery ? I'm still waiting for MCO and bill of sale from john - I can't register mine so my riding has been very limited.

Old 12-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Ya. I'm waiting for the title on mine too. John said it's on its way. They must be swamped with the holiday sales. I'm sure it will be along soon. Did your vx 200 come with any temp indicator? Mine didn't have anything so I went to Napa and installed an electric temp guage and a new sending unit, works nice. The threads on the sending unit are 1/8 NPT.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

mine has no guages just a rev and neutral indicator (neutral indicater stopped working!?!

Old 12-17-2005, 10:46 PM

well get it running first one screw will make it rev up the other is of air now on those the air 1 is got a mark on it very small paint dot remember this only turn any carb screw a 1/4 turn at a time a remember which way and get the bike hot first like run it for 7 minute or more before making a ajustment hope it help put a new ngk plug in it to asap only 3.00 bucks or so and if bike/atv is new keep a close eye on the oil and change after 1 full tank. with a good oil check all srews and bolt and lock tight them. red cats are nice bike but remember this you got to maintain these twices a much as a honda

Old 12-18-2005, 06:29 AM
Trailblazer

the temp gage is a good idea. I still waiting for MCO and it's begining to get me worried.I think my first e-mial was over a week and a half ago and his response was the same " we are really busy" mean while I can't go riding without registering the quads. I don't like being put on the back burner.I've heard good things about raceway I hope he dosen't let me down.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

ok got it pretty good. Started it got it hot adjusted idles good runs fine (still no neutral light anymore). I am questionaing the gas i put in. A stupid mistake but on second inspection it looks a little brown and old!! I think im gonna empty tank and refill with fresh gas. I know a stupid rookie mistake old gas = poor run but i dump that stuff in my lawn/snow maintenance stuff all the time and they have no prob. But it has been sitting around almost a year since i filled the can. I think im gonna get a smaller can for my quad gas. Anyway it is almost perfect im gonna try and either run this tank out or empty it and see how fresh gas fairs.

Quick Reply: redcat vx-200 carb