Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Help with Redcat 50cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Redcat 50cc

check and make sure the choke lever isnt creeping up while riding . that happened to me with the same results your getting . easy fix with wire.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Old 01-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Unfortunately, I think you are right about the differences between the WR Meercat 50 SE and the true Kazuma machines. I will say that, to date, Wicked Rocket have sent me a new, larger carb, and two sprockets at no charge. Unfortunately, none of them would fit the atv. The service tech even said that he would refund my money and have the atv picked up, or would send me a 70cc motor. I am going to try a larger sprocket this weekend, and if that doesn't work I will probably try to get the refund. Ideally I would like to buy either the 50cc or 90cc from Raceway.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had similar dealings with Wicked Rocket. I bought a 90cc for my son. From day one it has had problems starting. I was told to clean the carb and to check the spark plug. Still started hard. Once it is running, it runs pretty well on the flats. We tried going up a few small hills and the ATV does not have the power to pull the hill.

I have tried cleaning and adjusting the carb, replacing the plug (which was black). It started well for about 2 days.

Contacted Wicked Rocket and they think that it needs a new carb. UPS came yesterday and 2 carbs arrived (same stock carb that is on the machine). I have not had a chance to install it, but can't believe that it could be the carb. They are a simple carb, without many adjustments or jets.

They haven't offered me the option of returning it, but if they do, I will return it and buy something from a local dealer.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Golfpro, I'm sorry to hear that you are in the same situation as me. I also received a new carb from WR today, same as the original. After installation, the atv actually seems to have LESS power! I don't have a lot of hope for refund, since Matt at WR has been leaning towards sending me another motor lately. I guess a 70cc "should" have more power than my 50cc, but from the way you describe your 90cc, I'm not so sure. I will say that the 50cc, once moving, is very fast. However, like yours it has no bottom end power for acceleration. After repeatedly cleaning and adjusting the old carb, then installing and adjusting the new carb, I still have a problem with the engine hesitating and dying if the throttle is depressed quickly.

Check your local dealers, then give John at Raceway a call. The have a mini-90 at a good price right now, and if the posts to these forums are an indication, you can count on him to stand behind your purchase.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Carolina4Wheeler,

The 90cc listed on raceway looks exactly like the one we have. After speaking to several dealers, I will probably go with one of the Yamoto's. They seem to be put together very well and have a wider wheel base. The only issue is that the Yamoto has to be shifted.

I'll let you know how I make out with the new carb after this weekend.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Golfpro,

Looks may be deceiving. From reading many posts on this forum, I believe that the gearing on some of these machines from various sellers differs. I've read a few posts where the complaint was that the atv wouldn't even pull over a brick.

We have a sunl 70 from raceway (what they list as the XL 70). It has pretty good power for pulling a 70 lb child. My house is on a hill. The land rises toward our yard in 50 to 75 yard runs at 30 to 45 degrees, depending on approach. The Sunl 70 pulls these inclines with little problem. My daughter often starts and stops on these hills. There are also other hills which she rides regularly. I have seen her on occassion, after a stop on the steepest inclines, have to turn left or right to regain momentum. If I hold the handle bars with no one on the bike and give it gas on concrete, it will spin the tires. On the other hand, if you add a heavier child, say 90 plus lbs, the performance is noticeablly diminished. The older child has a baby falcon 110 with a geared transmission, which works great for her.

As to the sunl 70, raceway's site describes the transmission as a "4 speed fully automatic" and goes on to discuss a geared unit. It does not do this when discussing the mini 90. I really dont know if the 70 has 4 speeds as I dont recall hearing any gear changes. I would like it to have a little more bottom-end, but it is acceptable.

Rodney