Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Looking to buy, opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy, opinions please

I second the motion, if your going to buy a knock off atv buy one that has parts readily available. Do a search on this forum for the Komoto brand that your looking at. I think they had some issues with overheating. These knock offs all appear to look the same but they are slightly different per name. I believe each importer can spec out different components and specs they want built to. I like to save a buck too but be careful.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

I understand and apprieciate your concerns that you all are saying about getting parts and quality issues. I have also read all the great posts about how John at Raceway is top notch when it comes to service and help which is awesome. As much as I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him I also want to be happy with the look of the bike that appeals to me and my family and we have all agreed that we really dont like the aggressive (Raptor) style on the JetMoto and other bikes. That doesnt leave many choices since they basically all have the same style unless its a utility style quad. Since this is basically for my wife I want her to be happy with the choice also and the Komoto is the style she likes the most. Im still looking at my options and havent made any purchases yet but I hopefully will be this week sometime and who knows, we may change our mind after all and buy one of the Yamoto 150cc quads from John at Raceway.

*Just noticed the Yamoto V125R here at Raceway and thats another possibilty for us.*

Old 04-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer

I bought a Jetmoto150 fully automatic for my ten year old son since he's not too aggressive and it's perfect. I spent a couple of days beating the hell out of it just to see how it would hold up. I have to say it passed with flying colors, I have looked at many other knock offs and the jetmoto seems to have the widest stock wheel base and is pretty stout for a knock off. With wheel spacers this thing would be very difficult for someone to get the wheels to lift. The overall construction is far superior than what most people think but there are also things that I will modify such as the foot pegs but really that's about it for my sons needs. I like the fact that there really is nothing I have to upgrade on this quad for him to just hop on and ride. I think one of the most important things to consider when buying any of these knock offs especially for your wife is not what looks the best to her but what's the best fitting quad for her overall, width, height, comfort, because the physical appearance is no longer important to her once she's riding it. That's when she'll be deciding whether or not she really likes it or not, trust me I went through this exact same decision and it's all about making her feel the most comfortable while she's riding it. I actually got my wife the Suzuki '05 Z400 and got the boys the mini falcon 90 and the Jetmoto150. For her you might want to look at the Jetmoto250.